VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are FSW inlands. However in his case he will miss even more. As each year of a skilled Canadian work experience is worth additional points. Not to mention, that as he does not have CBL 9 on all language skills (for IELTS listening should be 8 and everything else 7 or higher), he will also miss more on the transferability points.
In addition any work experience obtained during studies in Canada even if it is skilled does not count either. But your Canadain diplomas might count for something (check the rules).
You can also try to use BC PNP program for those with a job offer. However they have a point system there.
1. It will have to be a skilled job offer
2. They asses the salary - so the higher your salary the more points you get.
3. If I remember well it is an EE type of PNP so min. 1 year of skilled work experience is a must.

From what you have revealed so far, his score will not be very high. (I would estimate it way below 400).

So if you want to stay long term, you need to check the options and develop a good strategy. Good luck

MooreT333

Jun 13, 2018
It really depends on the province. From the top of my head I can only name Manitoba, that does accept C type for their provincial programs. And also Alberta (also I am not sure in case of Alberta).

Ontario would be out of the question.
And same for BC.
Both provinces have way too many potential applicants, so they can be picky.

Anyway any PNP that uses EE would be a no go, unless he can show any other 1 year of skilled work experience.
His diploma on the other hand will be counted.
Hey. After doing some more research we found the PNP Semi-Skilled Worker Program. He has a permanent job in BC, and you can apply with skill level C. (He had part-time work prior to school and has 11 months now in the same field (Hotel) ). For this program, you only need to be working 9 full-time months, which he has. I am not quite sure of the minimum language requirements yet. Has legal immigration status in Canada now.

Have you heard of this program via the PNP? I am guessing you still need to create an EE profile right, and be invited?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From what I understand for that one he needs to meet following criteria:
1. have one of the specific NOC (unless you are in north BC, which I doubt).
2. have EE profile.
3. Have an employer that will meet the criteria.
4. And to meet the other criteria.

Reality for that PNP stream is that they do invite people above 60+ (at least as seen the past history). But the safe treshold would be 70.
That does not sound much, however it is not that easy to get. So check how much points he would get (of course if he qualify with his NOC).
good luck.

MooreT333

Jun 13, 2018
From what I understand for that one he needs to meet following criteria:
1. have one of the specific NOC (unless you are in north BC, which I doubt).
2. have EE profile.
3. Have an employer that will meet the criteria.
4. And to meet the other criteria.

Reality for that PNP stream is that they do invite people above 60+ (at least as seen the past history). But the safe treshold would be 70.
That does not sound much, however it is not that easy to get. So check how much points he would get (of course if he qualify with his NOC).
good luck.
Thanks. He scored a 62. Would he need an EE profile if he is submitting through the Skills Immigration Stream?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks. He scored a 62. Would he need an EE profile if he is submitting through the Skills Immigration Stream?
If I understood well he would need 2 profiles (at least I did not see :
1. For EE
2. And one profile in the BC online system.
And than it will be up to BC to call people to apply.

Good luck

MooreT333

Jun 13, 2018
If I understood well he would need 2 profiles (at least I did not see :
1. For EE
2. And one profile in the BC online system.
And than it will be up to BC to call people to apply.

Good luck
Thanks.

Last thing ( I promise! :) ). Is the BCPNP - Semi Skilled worker class the only class with the BCPNP that qualifies someone with a Skill C level? We are looking at both options of him and me. I am a home support worker in Canada for 2 years, graduated in Canada but that is still a Skill level C. I did the application and received an EE number. Does that mean I can apply through the BCPNP - Healthcare Professional program? I don't think skill level C will allow me to apply for a Federal Skilled Worker program.

MooreT333

Jun 13, 2018
Thanks.

Last thing ( I promise! :) ). Is the BCPNP - Semi Skilled worker class the only class with the BCPNP that qualifies someone with a Skill C level? We are looking at both options of him and me. I am a home support worker in Canada for 2 years, graduated in Canada but that is still a Skill level C. I did the application and received an EE number. Does that mean I can apply through the BCPNP - Healthcare Professional program? I don't think skill level C will allow me to apply for a Federal Skilled Worker program.
Or Could I do the International Graduate program through BCPNP? Even though I graduated 2 years ago, I have been working in the same field I graduated in for 2 years in Canada.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
from what I know BC has draws for all their PNP programs. So again, check if you meet the conditions and then make your profile. And depending your BC score you might be able to send application there.

MooreT333

Jun 13, 2018
from what I know BC has draws for all their PNP programs. So again, check if you meet the conditions and then make your profile. And depending your BC score you might be able to send application there.
Thank you. Do you know where I can find a fee list for applications? I see a $700 processing fee for BCPNP. But is that with the PR application too?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you. Do you know where I can find a fee list for applications? I see a $700 processing fee for BCPNP. But is that with the PR application too?
Of course not. That is just to get PNP. After that you have to pay for the PR application separately. and the info is on the cic website.
The only good news is that you only have to pay for BCPNP if you are invited to apply and not just to make your profile there.

MooreT333

Jun 13, 2018
Of course not. That is just to get PNP. After that you have to pay for the PR application separately. and the info is on the cic website.
The only good news is that you only have to pay for BCPNP if you are invited to apply and not just to make your profile there.
Thank you so much for the help.

I was curious. My husband meets all the requirements under the BC PNP Semi Skilled class. His score was right around the nomination score but obviously, there is no guarantee that he would be nominated.

If he has experience (Skill Level B) from England from a few years ago, can he apply for the FSW Class inside Canada with that even if he is not working or in that same career path anymore? Or does he have to be in Canada working in the skill class he applies for? Sorry if that sounds silly, but I guess we just want to know the best option (or fastest).

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much for the help.

I was curious. My husband meets all the requirements under the BC PNP Semi Skilled class. His score was right around the nomination score but obviously, there is no guarantee that he would be nominated.

If he has experience (Skill Level B) from England from a few years ago, can he apply for the FSW Class inside Canada with that even if he is not working or in that same career path anymore? Or does he have to be in Canada working in the skill class he applies for? Sorry if that sounds silly, but I guess we just want to know the best option (or fastest).
as for EE itself it does not matter if his work experience is related or not as long as it is skilled. So if he can prove it, he can apply. Good luck.