+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Could someone help my and my husband

Discussion in 'Express Entry / Expression of Interest' started by MooreT333, Jun 13, 2018.

  1. Hi all.

    I am wondering if someone could kindly help me and my husband. We are both inside Canada on Post Graduate Permits. We both entered Canada on Study Permits. He from Europe and I am from America. We have both studied, worked and got married inside Canada. We now want to apply for our Permanent Residency. We are wondering if we do it through the Economic Programs?

    Husband - From England, 26 yrs old. Temp Full-Time Worker in Canada working at a spa resort since 2017. Completed a Hospitality Diploma in Canada. Work permit ends in 2021. Completed high school in England. He also received a college diploma in England before coming to Canada (assessed as a 2-year Candian Diploma). He also worked full-time for a radio company in England. His older sister lives in Canada as a PR too. The job he currently works at wants to make him a manager and sees him there long term. He took the IELTS General Training Test and got 8 in Reading and Speaking and 7.5 in Listening and Writing.

    Me - From Seattle, WA. 25 years old. Temp Full-Time Worker in Canada as a personal support worker inside an old folks home since 2016. Completed my Licensed Nurse program inside Canada. Work permit ends in 2020. Went to high school in Seattle and worked full time until I went to college in Canada. My IELTS scores were 7.5 in Listening, 7 in Reading 6 in Writing and 8.5 in Speaking.

    Side note: I have a drunk in public violation that I was convicted of from 5 years ago in Seattle. Was never asked about it when I got my study permit. Will this affect me in any way with my application?

    When I do the scores for the Express Entry profile thing, I get 450 and 410. Is that right and what does that mean?

    Before spending money to talk to a lawyer, I just want to know what classes we can apply under to become permanent residents of Canada!

    Thanks so much (sorry it is so long)
  2. Why don't you run through the https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool.html and see what your options are. CEC and FSW Express Entry are the normal options for PGWP holders but there are also provincial nominations available.
  3. It's hard to say if your points are correct. Make sure you run them through the calculator as suggested above.

    Make sure neither of you are claiming the 50 points for a job offer (neither of you meet the requirements to claim points for a job offer).
  4. Thanks. How many points do I need to be able to apply? Or do I get invited to apply once one of us submits an application?
  5. Thank you

    My husband did this and it says he is eligible for Express Entry. But what Class is that for? Sorry, I am still learning the Economic Program side of things.
  6. Jakev likes this.
  7. Thank you. I am doing so.

    One last thing. His code is NOC 6525 right now Skill Level C. He has been in this class since last summer. I cannot find anywhere that he would be eligible in that class. Soon he will be in a Management position but not exactly sure when. Would he not be able to apply for a program in this class?
  8. For FSW & CEC (which are both through Express Entry) - the work experience must be NOC A, B or 0. He won't get any points for NOC C work experience and this means he can't apply for PR through CEC.

  9. Thought so.

    But he can still apply via the FSW with NOC C? Just can't get any points for it.

    Also. If I have a record on my file from years ago in America that I was charged for and paid a small fine...but was approved for both my study permit and my postgraduate permit at POE, it shouldn't be a problem with a PR application right?
  10. No. If his primary NOC is skill type C then he cannot meet the eligibility criteria under the FSW program.

    "The applicant must have accumulated at least one year of continuous full-time (or the equivalent in part-time) paid work experience in the occupation identified in their application for permanent residence as their primary occupation. In calculating this period of work experience, the occupation must be listed in skill type 0 (Managerial occupations), skill level A (Professional occupations) or skill level B (Technical occupations and skilled trades) of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2016 [R75(2)(a)]."

    scylla likes this.
  11. In simple words none of his Canadian work experience in class C would count. So only the one he has from England - of course if it is 0, A or B.

    Another thing for you. Since you got your student visa, at the time applying for it you were supposed to reveal your incident from Seattle (unless it happened after). So if you did not reveal it back then, now you have problem on your hand.
    Be aware that for Express entry they do rather extensive background check and they do have good connection with USA.
    scylla likes this.
  12. Thanks.

    But is it a possibility that he could meet the Provincial Nominee program? That is all skill type levels, right?
  13. It really depends on the province. From the top of my head I can only name Manitoba, that does accept C type for their provincial programs. And also Alberta (also I am not sure in case of Alberta).

    Ontario would be out of the question.
    And same for BC.
    Both provinces have way too many potential applicants, so they can be picky.

    Anyway any PNP that uses EE would be a no go, unless he can show any other 1 year of skilled work experience.
    His diploma on the other hand will be counted.
  14. Thanks. He has 1-year experience in Skill Type B in England. Thought since we are already in Canada the experience had to be within Canada. I think he will fall under FSW after all

Share This Page