+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Could ongoing issues with Huawei affect huawei software division in Canada

Neha7stars

Jun 24, 2019
Hi,
We currently live in India, my husband got an offer from Huawei for a v good position. The talks are at v initial stage and he is yet to attend the interview. However, offlately we have been reading a lot about growing tensions between the US and Huawei telecom. So request this forum to bring light on:
a)can this ongoing tension also affect the relations between canada and huawei?
b) what are the policies in canada for the people who moved to canada with an offer in hand from a company based in canada, and suppose the company gets into a legal issue and shuts down, does the govt provide any support to such people.

Thank you

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
We currently live in India, my husband got an offer from Huawei (Toronto) for a v good position. The talks are at v initial stage and he is yet to attend the interview. However, offlately we have been reading a lot about growing tensions between the US and Huawei telecom. So request this forum to bring light on:
a) can this ongoing tension also affect the relations between canada and huawei?
b) my husband has got the offer for the databases division of huawei, is there any chances of this division getting affected in future?

Thank you
Nobody will be able to give you reassurance. The is really a pretty foreign policy issue between China and most of most developed economies. Canada is just one of many countries trying to figure out what kind of access Hussein will have in their country.

Neha7stars

Jun 24, 2019
Thank you have edited my query, particulary point "b". Will you be able to help. Thanks in anticipation :)
Nobody will be able to give you reassurance. The is really a pretty foreign policy issue between China and most of most developed economies. Canada is just one of many countries trying to figure out what kind of access Hussein will have in their country.