+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Could not book my return flight because I do not have the exact date I am gonna finish

Hansol Choi

Aug 11, 2019
Hello! I am going as a short term student from Costa Rica to Memorial University of Newfoundland. I could not book my return flight because I do not know my exam schedule until early mid- october, so until then i do not know exactly when I am going to leave. The coordinator at Memorial university will send me a letter stating exactly that in case the border office at the airport ask me why I do not have a return ticket yet.

I was concerned that they will hinder my entrance because of this, do you think they will accept the letter from Memorial? Last year someone from my unviersity here in Costa Rica went to Memorial under the same program and he said that the border office did not ask him about his return ticket so that I should be fine too. but I just want to be sure, you know?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
This is unlikely to be an issue at the border. The issue, if any, will occur when you check in with your airline. Some airlines, in some countries, don't let people on tourist visas/short term visas board without a return ticket.

I don't think it will be an issue in your country. You can always check with the airline.

Hansol Choi

Aug 11, 2019
This is unlikely to be an issue at the border. The issue, if any, will occur when you check in with your airline. Some airlines, in some countries, don't let people on tourist visas/short term visas board without a return ticket.

I don't think it will be an issue in your country. You can always check with the airline.
Oh ok, thank you! i'll be contacting the airline which is Air Canada to ask if there is any issue on this, because I mean I do not want to book a return flight when I do not know the exact date I should book it and lose that money.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Oh ok, thank you! i'll be contacting the airline which is Air Canada to ask if there is any issue on this, because I mean I do not want to book a return flight when I do not know the exact date I should book it and lose that money.
Yes just check with them, and search Google to see if this issue affects people from your country. It happens to Indians and people from South Asia, but not necessarily other countries.

Hansol Choi

Aug 11, 2019
Yes just check with them, and search Google to see if this issue affects people from your country. It happens to Indians and people from South Asia, but not necessarily other countries.
How should I check???

Thank you for helping me!