+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Could I get Accepted in a Canadian College?

Rayden150

Jul 23, 2011
Good evening I´m from Nicaragua its a Third world country in Central America its actually the second poorest country in the western hemisphere, considering these facts, I would like you to respond to my question I am currently In university and I have been thinking that I would want to quit to start working and get the money to get in a Canadian College, I cant afford a university, but for me it doesn´t matter.

If I work for two years I will able to get enough money for college + living cost, The problem is that Nicaraguan education is considered inferior so if I have a third world High school diploma and one year in a third world university, would I have any chances to be accepted in a college there because If I quit University now, and start working and once I have the money I apply and don't get accepted in any Canadian college I will be screwed.

I really don't know if I should take this risk, This is why I'm asking this question
thank you so much.

-yes I know international pay 3 times... still I could sustain myself
-yes I know there is a work limit
-Yes I know studying in Canada doesnt automatically guarantee that I will get a PR card

But I just want your opinion on my chances of getting into a Canadian College as a guy with third world education and unfinished university.. thank you

aamro1992

Jul 10, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
14-March-2017
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
Waived
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-June-2017
LANDED..........
01-Sep-2017
You might get accepted into low-level universities like Brock in it's art programs or if you have a really good GPA than you can also get admitted to top universities like Laurier , Waterloo , U of T etc.Third -world does not matter.

But i don't think you should take the risk because expenses here are really really high and there are no part time jobs for International students well at least in Ontario region so i don't know how will you be able to sustain yourself.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rayden150 said:
Good evening I´m from Nicaragua its a Third world country in Central America its actually the second poorest country in the western hemisphere, considering these facts, I would like you to respond to my question I am currently In university and I have been thinking that I would want to quit to start working and get the money to get in a Canadian College, I cant afford a university, but for me it doesn´t matter.

If I work for two years I will able to get enough money for college + living cost, The problem is that Nicaraguan education is considered inferior so if I have a third world High school diploma and one year in a third world university, would I have any chances to be accepted in a college there because If I quit University now, and start working and once I have the money I apply and don't get accepted in any Canadian college I will be screwed.

I really don't know if I should take this risk, This is why I'm asking this question
thank you so much.

-yes I know international pay 3 times... still I could sustain myself
-yes I know there is a work limit
-Yes I know studying in Canada doesnt automatically guarantee that I will get a PR card

But I just want your opinion on my chances of getting into a Canadian College as a guy with third world education and unfinished university.. thank you
Hi,

Do not quit your University education. Completion of University degree will only strengthen your profile (helpful both at the time of Admission and Visa process!). With a high school diploma and a gap of 2+ years might create "some problem" during visa process.

fahad83

Oct 12, 2010
Hi
Its a good thing that you lived in central American region, I mean its still better then some Asian countries.
So my advise is try to look for scholarships and they are available in some universities, being a westerner your chances are high, try looking for national scholarship programs also try for Saskatchewan province, there are many taxi jobs available in this province and also check for your driving license validity according to your nationality.