+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Could I apply for PR under both Express Entry and PNP at the same time?

vcn310

Jul 2, 2014
Hi everyone,

I am wondering if I could apply PR under both Express Entry and PNP at the same time. I think I am eligible for the CEC program except the IELTS certificate. I am going to take the English test next week. If I get the desired result, I am going to create the Express Entry profile and choose the CEC program.
I also realized that I have meet the requirements of the PEI PNP program. So I am thinking about doing both programs at the same time. Is it possible to do that? Why or why not?

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PNP under EE is one way of guaranteeing an ITA by getting the provincial nomination. You will need to have your EE profile up and running before you can apply to the PNP-EE streams.

You can apply to multiple PNPs and also wait for a 'regular' CRS based ITA simultaneously. If you receive a nomination from a province, you will have the option to reject it or accept it which will add 600 points to your profile and guarantee you an ITA in the next draw.

All the best!

Reactions: KabirMoho

KingOfGoodTimes

Mar 10, 2015
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 July 2015
Nomination.....
ITA : 26 June 2015
AOR Received.
EE: 04 July 2015 (Auto AOR)
Med's Done....
EE: Passed 15-July-2015
Passport Req..
DEC 24th :)
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
if you mean by paper based PNP and EE.

Yes you can , I already have !

I have seen many people in this very forum who have done so , there is a very very good chance that PR through EE will be much faster than paper based application.

I have called CIC , the CIC call center agent said the same, they promise to process the PR EE application in 6 months are less.
While paper based normally takes 16-20 months!!

Tudorito

Sep 17, 2016
KingOfGoodTimes said:

I have seen many people in this very forum who have done so , there is a very very good chance that PR through EE will be much faster than paper based application.

I have called CIC , the CIC call center agent said the same, they promise to process the PR EE application in 6 months are less.
Hi! When you applied for the paper based PNP and EE simultaneously, did you pay the fees two times? I assume you have to pay the 550 CAD processing fee for each application separately and it is not refundable, but what about the Right of permanent Residency fee? Did you pay that twice? Or is it enough one time? Please let me know if possible. Thank you!

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Asivad Anac said:
PNP under EE is one way of guaranteeing an ITA by getting the provincial nomination. You will need to have your EE profile up and running before you can apply to the PNP-EE streams.

You can apply to multiple PNPs and also wait for a 'regular' CRS based ITA simultaneously. If you receive a nomination from a province, you will have the option to reject it or accept it which will add 600 points to your profile and guarantee you an ITA in the next draw.

All the best!
Some PNP does not require to have EE profile.

Example SINP OID or QSWP.

Gbemife

Star Member
Sep 12, 2016
andy108 said:
Some PNP does not require to have EE profile.

Example SINP OID or QSWP.
Good day, please can you kindly shed more light on the SINP OID not requiring an express entry profile? What are the other requirements besides having a NOC code in the list? I look forward to your reply. Thank you

vivid

Dec 27, 2016
KingOfGoodTimes said:

Hi, I know it was long ago you posted this reply. But I am wondering if you applied for paper based PNP before 2015? I currently applied for this category and have to wait another year...but now I am eligible for EE and wondering if there is going to be any problem if I have both applications at the same time.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vivid said:
Hi, I know it was long ago you posted this reply. But I am wondering if you applied for paper based PNP before 2015? I currently applied for this category and have to wait another year...but now I am eligible for EE and wondering if there is going to be any problem if I have both applications at the same time.
Yes you can.

vivid

Dec 27, 2016
Asivad Anac said:
Yes you can.

Have you applied in this way by yourself? I have my provincial nominee which is not valid to apply for EE, so is it ok if I claim I don't have one? (Because points can't get counted). Should I make a new profile on cic?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vivid said:
Have you applied in this way by yourself? I have my provincial nominee which is not valid to apply for EE, so is it ok if I claim I don't have one? (Because points can't get counted). Should I make a new profile on cic?
I haven't personally done this but IRCC does allow you to have an EE application in progress simultaneously with a paper based PNP application.

kbaden

Aug 2, 2015
Hi

I am about to submit a PNP ( Paper based )application - it will take up to 16 Months !!!!!
meanwhile This coming April I will complete two years Canadian Experience and my score Under EE will be around 468

Please help me to understand how Can I confirm that is Ok to Accept the ITA and proceed with EE while PNP is on process
by that time May have recived AOR already - also i do not want to loss or risk the Province nomination in case i cancel and anything happen with the EE

can I phone CIC and ask ?

it is huge difference almost 9 Months

Thank you

kbaden

Aug 2, 2015
I found this Q&A in CIC website - seems they have got so many people asking the question

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/index-geo.asp

Help Centre

what do you need help with?

Q
I applied on paper before, and then applied again through Express Entry. Do I need to withdraw my paper application?
No. If you get permanent resident status through Express Entry, we will automatically withdraw your paper application and notify you.

Likewise, if your paper application is approved and you get permanent resident status, we will cancel your Express Entry application.

Was this answer useful?

[/font][/color]

Reactions: vuta

hasan629

Jul 2, 2013
hi everyone
can anybody please tell that i already applied for paper based PR application and i linked with my cic account as well. now i want to make EE profile as well but as soon as i linked my current paper based application, the option of express entry is gone now, i can not see any option for express entry.
So do i need to make new seperate GCKEY account for express entry?? is that ok to have two gckey accounts??one for EE and one for paper based??

please reply

abbasm5

Feb 18, 2017
I made an express entry profile last month and I received ITA. Meanwhile, I received certification of nomination phd stream a week ago which requires paper based submission (it is mentioned on the letter that I couldn't apply for ee). My question is should I change the question in my ee profile related to nomination to yes or shall I keep as no? Also, I read that I can submit both applications, right?

tushya

Oct 27, 2016
hi everyone
can anybody please tell that i already applied for paper based PR application and i linked with my cic account as well. now i want to make EE profile as well but as soon as i linked my current paper based application, the option of express entry is gone now, i can not see any option for express entry.
So do i need to make new seperate GCKEY account for express entry?? is that ok to have two gckey accounts??one for EE and one for paper based??

please reply
Hi, did you get your problem solved?