+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

could anyone tell me what should i do with the RQ

m3ax

Nov 7, 2010
touché said:
This is more of a non-issue than you seem to think it is.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op10-eng.pdf

Section 5.1 on page 7 states;

"For persons who have been permanent residents of Canada for more than five years, the only five-year period that can be considered in calculating whether an applicant has met the residency obligation is the one immediately before the application is received in the visa office. A28(2)(b)(ii) precludes a visa officer from examining any period other than the most recent five-year period immediately before the date of receipt of the application. Even if a person had resided away from Canada for many years, but returned to Canada and resided there for a minimum of 730 days during the last five years, that person would comply with the residency obligation and remain a permanent resident. An officer is not permitted to consider just any five-year period in the applicant's past, but must always assess the most recent five-year period preceding the receipt of the application"

If this period is your only concern, you need not worry. Just fill out and send the RQ.
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p
YOU ARE THE MAN
thanks

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
m3ax said:
ok first of i have no way of knowing the exact dates that they are asking about i mean how am i expected to go back 10 years in my life and start remembering dates keep in mind i was 13 at that time
and my parents do not live in Canada and we are not in connection
i know that my parents landed as entrepreneurs
i do not what to do now
I don't have time or money for lawyers . i am thinking to cancel my application now then apply again when i finish school. I have 2 years left to finish my master of inter networking engineering. I could apply when i am done and at that point i won't even care if i get kicked out of the country since i am going to have +85K in student loans. I could just go and work anywhere in the world
1. Do the best you can as you are the one that needs the Citizenship not the CIC officer processing your application. CIC ask for info back to first arrival so the Citizenship Judge can use it if he/she applies the centralized mode of living residency test in your application i.e. they are doing applicants a favor but many don't see this.

2. The only way to know why you were RQd is to apply for your GCMS notes via the ATIP process on the CIC website. Based on the immigration laws your PR status is subject to your father meeting the criteria for the entrepreneur class. This has a requirement to review the investment made and if it has employed the requisite number of Canadians a couple of years after landing. You say you are not in touch with your parents...do you know if they reside in Canada? Its possible that the RQ/immigration check will look into this. If your father did not regularize/finalize his PR because he abandoned/closed his business and CIC never reviewed this its possible for them to consider your PR status is subject to review and delay the citizenship process. Just because you got a PR Card renewal is on its own not conclusive that your PR is safe (it may have been mechanistic) but a good lawyer would raise this.

3. Any government education loans will never be written off even if you file bankrupt - at some point in time this is bound to get you maybe at passport renewal or if there are any legal proceedings that take the route from civil to criminal...sorry your take the money and run idea doesn't fly here...just man up and pay your debts!

m3ax

Nov 7, 2010
Msafiri said:
1. Do the best you can as you are the one that needs the Citizenship not the CIC officer processing your application. CIC ask for info back to first arrival so the Citizenship Judge can use it if he/she applies the centralized mode of living residency test in your application i.e. they are doing applicants a favor but many don't see this.

2. The only way to know why you were RQd is to apply for your GCMS notes via the ATIP process on the CIC website. Based on the immigration laws your PR status is subject to your father meeting the criteria for the entrepreneur class. This has a requirement to review the investment made and if it has employed the requisite number of Canadians a couple of years after landing. You say you are not in touch with your parents...do you know if they reside in Canada? Its possible that the RQ/immigration check will look into this. If your father did not regularize/finalize his PR because he abandoned/closed his business and CIC never reviewed this its possible for them to consider your PR status is subject to review and delay the citizenship process. Just because you got a PR Card renewal is on its own not conclusive that your PR is safe (it may have been mechanistic) but a good lawyer would raise this.

3. Any government education loans will never be written off even if you file bankrupt - at some point in time this is bound to get you maybe at passport renewal or if there are any legal proceedings that take the route from civil to criminal...sorry your take the money and run idea doesn't fly here...just man up and pay your debts!
My father still lives in canada and i know that he invested the amount of $400,000 in Canada for the period of 5 years. And i never said i am going to take the money and run. What i said was if they decide that i should leave because i am doing more harm than good to the Canadian society, then do not expect me to open up my wallet and start paying the Canadian government so they could bring in more illiterate war refugees and welfare abusers from god knows where.

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
m3ax said:
do not expect me to open up my wallet and start paying the Canadian government so they could bring in more illiterate war refugees and welfare abusers from god knows where.
m3ax. Please. This board is about helping eachother out. Not trashtalking certain other types of immigrants that came here a different way from us, have struggled economically here or who had the audacity to apply to the UN for refugee status after being targetted for assassination due to their political, religious beliefs, sexual orientation etc.

Let's not turn against each other.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
m3ax said:
My father still lives in canada and i know that he invested the amount of $400,000 in Canada for the period of 5 years. And i never said i am going to take the money and run. What i said was if they decide that i should leave because i am doing more harm than good to the Canadian society, then do not expect me to open up my wallet and start paying the Canadian government so they could bring in more illiterate war refugees and welfare abusers from god knows where.
My bad if I misunderstood your 85K loan default being linked to non Canadian status. You got any stats on this illiterate war refugees and welfare abusers? Refugee class is a low fraction of the total annual immigration pool. Sponsors refund any welfare claimed by any dependent for between 3-10 years. You don't have to leave Canada when you graduate - on paper it will be easier to get a job here than abroad. Get your GCMS notes as I think they will help you to relax on this one.

m3ax

Nov 7, 2010
Msafiri said:
My bad if I misunderstood your 85K loan default being linked to non Canadian status. You got any stats on this illiterate war refugees and welfare abusers? Refugee class is a low fraction of the total annual immigration pool. Sponsors refund any welfare claimed by any dependent for between 3-10 years. You don't have to leave Canada when you graduate - on paper it will be easier to get a job here than abroad. Get your GCMS notes as I think they will help you to relax on this one.
could you tell me what do you mean bu GCMS notes and how do i get them ?