+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Could anybody please guide me?

sati

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Could anybody please guide me?

I am 39 years old having 14 years of experience. I have done graduation in commerce. I am interested to study in Canada and settle there with my family ( Wife, 2 kids). Do Universities give admission to students/Professionals who have long gap in studies?

I did my graduation in 1992 PG Diploma in Insurance from Symbiosis ( distant learning) in 2009. Will they consider PG course?

danishali

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
As far as the university is concerned they should not have any problem as long as you are fulfilling their admission requirments. But the problem might arise when you apply for your student visa. They might think that you are moving with your family to study after 14 years and so you will settle there which is not good for student visas. I would suggest that you apply on the skilled and work experience class. This way they will not have any problems with you staying there. Plus with your experience you will make a good candidate for immigration

farooqyehya

Aug 23, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/01/2010
You can do one thing, apply for student visa and go alone there. As ur family will be in ur homeland so there wont be an issue for you in getting a visa hopefully.
After an year or two bring ur family there to canada.
About studies gap, fill-up the gap by showing ur professional career and apply.
Hope for the best.