kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys
Just received email from Costco that now they are offering travel insurance.

http://www.memberhealthplan.com/costco/travel.jsp?lang=E&MKT=231

I tested the quote(I have costco Executive membership) using regular Manulife webquote.

couple
single visit
365 days
Plan A (no pre condition)

Coscto discount is about $500 less vs Manulife quote.
and $300 less than what I got last year through GMS which was cheapest plan back then.

If you are looking to get a insurance, it's definitely worth checking it out. Also if you are not a costco member, you should get it since savings way more than membership.

OnlineInsPro

Star Member
Dec 12, 2011
Costco does have its advantages, and certainly I am a big fan having had a membership there for OMG 29 years now... Having said that here is something that you might consider as an alternative.

My company, Travelinsure.ca has been one of Canada's largest distributors of Visitor to Canada Insurance since the introduction of the Super Visa For Parents and Grandparents Program. We have been offering side by side comparisons from all major insurers in Canada to our clients so that they can access the best deals on the market in Canada for their specific needs. Our experience in this area has led us to the point where we are now beginning to offer our own Brand of Travel Insurance Products, and our first foray will be our favourite - Visitor to Canada Insurance. We have taken a somewhat different approach then many others, and offer three different products which suit the needs of our various client bases.

Acceptus VTC One offers the best prices in Canada in almost every age bracket. It is NOT bare bones coverage however, and unlike the Manulife Plan A referred to, we DO COVER PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS, and we only require a 90-DAY STABILITY PERIOD. When compared to the Manulife Plan A example referred to here (not sure what age you used, but I used a 58 year old, a very common age for Super Visa), we are actually 10% LESS then Costco's Quote, even assuming that you have their Executive Membership ($1365.10 vs $1,510.96). Now, if you want pre-existing conditions covered, not only are their Eligibility Criteria harder to qualify for then Acceptus, but their price goes to $1627.47, and our does NOT CHANGE so we stay at $1365.10, and now our savings are 16%. If you are a Gold Star or Business Member, their prices change - $1590.49 for Plan A (we save you 14%), and $1713.13 for Plan B (we save you 20%).

So, not bad deals, but ours are WAY BETTER. In fact, the Acceptus VTC Two Plan which offers higher limits and more comprehensive coverage comes in at $1551.25, so we are STILL LESS EXPENSIVE then every option they offer but Plan A with an Executive Membership, and even compared to that we are only 2.7% higher, and we cover pre-existing conditions. If you want Canada's BEST COVERAGE, we also offer Acceptus VTC Premium which comes in at $3343.40. Granted this price is a bit higher, but no other plan for Visitors to Canada covers everything we do like Medical Exams, Vaccines, Eye Exams, Maternity Benefits, Flight Accident, and Accidental Death.

Please check us out... http://travelinsure.ca/acceptus-visitor-to-canada-insurance

Tracy DesLaurier, Super Visa Expert
Travelinsue.ca
1-855-933-7462
info@travelinsure.ca

MadInHalifax

Mar 1, 2016
I bought it using costco for manulife for 6 months today
its 713 CAD for 0 deductible PLAN A for my mom 62 years

i got a quote of 1000 from Blue Cross
and 770 from travellance

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Keep in mind though that these onshore travel insurance policies for people on visitor visas may not cover any long term medical issues that may arise and neither will they possibly cover repatriation to home country if required for ongoing treatment in home country.