+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COST OF LIVING in AB

reignman

Nov 27, 2008
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

PROBABLY HOW MUCH IS THE COST OF LIVING THERE IN AB INCLUDING HOUSING? MY EMPLOYER TOLD ME THAT A TWO ROOM HOUSE COST 1000 - 1200/MONTH, IS IT TRUE? HOW 'BOUT THE FOOD?

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
You are in the wrong area,Try restating this question in the housing thread,But since you are here,food costs in Alberta are not that far from BC prices,Do you mean Groceries?Depends on what you eat,If you are going to live of Macaroni and Cheese and Instant noodles,you will get by with 5$ a day,A diet with lower grade meats and vegetables would bring you up to 50-60$ a week,Mc Donalds eating out will be about 5$ for a meal,A cafe type meal will go higher,So be more specific

saadiqkw

Dec 26, 2008
BCguy said:
You are in the wrong area,Try restating this question in the housing thread,But since you are here,food costs in Alberta are not that far from BC prices,Do you mean Groceries?Depends on what you eat,If you are going to live of Macaroni and Cheese and Instant noodles,you will get by with 5$ a day,A diet with lower grade meats and vegetables would bring you up to 50-60$ a week,Mc Donalds eating out will be about 5$ for a meal,A cafe type meal will go higher,So be more specific
Dear BcGuy, God Bless you .

i m First time doing courage to write you to this hope that you will help me. Basically my problem isthat i m a computer software programmer by profession, and havinfg MSC. Degree in Computer science. I have already applied for canada immigartion under the Skilled worker catergory. my application is under the process may be it will take two or more years . But Mr. Cohen and other immigrations services told me it will become more speedy if some one get the job either temporay or permanat in canada , the rest of the procedure will become more fast.

I applied all my efforts in searching of job in canada either temporary or permanant through website but the response is nill .There is a link and link of this site.

The only favour which i need from you can you tell me the address of some agencies who hired the person livng out side the canada,

Currently i m residing in Kuwait and working as a software engineer.

Thanks and best regads

Saeed

C

cchabert

reignman said:
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

PROBABLY HOW MUCH IS THE COST OF LIVING THERE IN AB INCLUDING HOUSING? MY EMPLOYER TOLD ME THAT A TWO ROOM HOUSE COST 1000 - 1200/MONTH, IS IT TRUE? HOW 'BOUT THE FOOD?
Check this links very helpful

http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20081105/CGY_grocery_basket_081104/20081105?hub=CalgaryHome

http://www.calgaryselect.com/Shopping/tabid/207/Default.aspx