NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
So i believe there will be no heavy tuition fees, am i right?
Right if they are going to public school there is minimal fees...as i quoted..

Reactions: buchcd

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Correction here if you are coming on work permit and entitled to send kids to English Board there are 2 English boards which admits folks and shouldn't be an issue ...
Yes thank you for correcting. You are right.

Here is the link for English Schools Admission Requirements.

http://www.emsb.qc.ca/emsb_en/registration_en/registration_en.asp

8. Are the parents residing in Quebec temporarily on a STUDENT or WORK AUTHORIZATION?

If yes,

• Provide VALID Work or Student Authorization of parent. (If on student permit, provide Québec Acceptance Certificate [CAQ] and letter of admission from the school.)
  • Provide child's long version birth certificate showing parents' names (must be in English or French) and immigration papers linking the whole family.

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Hello Cherti,
Thanks for a very informative guidance.

I have one confusion regarding schooling. On one of the blog i read that kids of WP holders are considered temporary residents and get some exemptions from French learning in public schools.
The post mentioned that the child is given English medium of instruction for 2 years(WP expiry) for main subjects and French is taught as second language. Additionally, history subject is taught in French.
After WP, if one receives PR status, complete education medium becomes French.

Pardon me if my knowledge is incorrect. If someone can throw light on this issue, it will be helpful.
Sorry for the wrong information, I somehow assumed you are a PR holder, you are right, WP holders can send kids to English Schools.

But you said, once they become PR status, the medium changes to complete French ? How will kids cope up with that change ? If there are in nursery or something they can catch up. But if they are in high school how will they adapt a sudden change to French. Hmm..

Below is the link of English Board School.

http://www.emsb.qc.ca/emsb_en/registration_en/registration_en.asp

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY