+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Correspondence letter

Goathead

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
Hello house,
If an online applicant applies for Canada study permit with upfront medical prior to submitting application, will IRCC still send medical request or one should just expect notification of passing the medical. Kindly enlighten me

yxjason

Oct 5, 2019
Hello house,
If an online applicant applies for Canada study permit with upfront medical prior to submitting application, will IRCC still send medical request or one should just expect notification of passing the medical. Kindly enlighten me
If u have done the upfront medical, they will not send another notification to u.

-Hope-

Dec 2, 2020
Medical passed on Dec 2 and got the Biometrics Correspondence Letter on Dec 21, no update afterwards. Anyone in the same situation and waiting for a decision?

Do you think it's going to be good news?

Reactions: Pascalala

Goathead

Star Member
Jul 22, 2020
Applied October 9. Upfront Medical passed November 23, eligibility review started December 3. Background check on since date of application. What can I expect? I read on Quora it takes 3-4 weeks from date of medical passed to get BVL and decision.

Dec 15, 2020
@Asiful600w Yeah same happpened with me.I submitted my application on 18th October with upfront medical after 25 days my portal was updated saying you passed the medical exam and on 14th nov I got my Correspondence letter of biometrics,still waiting for the final decision
Hi. Sorry I know this is an old chat. But I am in a similar situation. Can I know how much time difference was there between getting Correspondence Letter (Biometrics Validation Letter) and OPR?

-Hope-

Dec 2, 2020
75 days after BVL with positive GCMS notes and still nothing.

Is it possible to just cancel my application and just resubmit? Submission turn around is faster for new applications nowadays...

Suleman3r

Star Member
Nov 12, 2019
If there was a refusal it will be mentioned in the notes. GCMS is a system in which immigration officer has to mention each and every step taken on the application.
Hi,

I have a small query..
I am a re-applied case under non-sds, I have got my BVL on 12th May but I did not receive my PPR yet.. Last time. I had received Refusal along with correspondence letter however, this time I have got only Correspondence letter.. Could you please help me is it a positive sign?

maskaravivek

Jul 1, 2021
I applied for a visitor visa and submitted the biometrics in December 2020 from the USA. Today I received the correspondence letter.

1. Since it's a visitor visa I am assuming medical examination isn't needed, right?

2. What to expect after the correspondence letter? Is BVL the next step for a visitor visa or is it a passport request/refusal? Does anyone have an estimate on the next step based on their experience.

NB12

Oct 12, 2021
I applied for a visitor visa and submitted the biometrics in December 2020 from the USA. Today I received the correspondence letter.

1. Since it's a visitor visa I am assuming medical examination isn't needed, right?

2. What to expect after the correspondence letter? Is BVL the next step for a visitor visa or is it a passport request/refusal? Does anyone have an estimate on the next step based on their experience.
Hey..did you receive your PPR??