+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Correspondence from IRCC not received

peiresident

Aug 29, 2018
I got the below message in ECAS. I called IRCC and they confirmed it was a fingerprint request. It's already 10/12 and I still did not get the mail. I called them twice and they are telling me to wait. The agent on the phone explained that they could not take any action (ie resend the correspondence) until 4 weeks passed and recommended to call again on 10/24th. It could not be that it's taking so long for a mail to be delivered. Any suggestions?

We sent you correspondence on September 25, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
I got the below message in ECAS. I called IRCC and they confirmed it was a fingerprint request. It's already 10/12 and I still did not get the mail. I called them twice and they are telling me to wait. The agent on the phone explained that they could not take any action (ie resend the correspondence) until 4 weeks passed and recommended to call again on 10/24th. It could not be that it's taking so long for a mail to be delivered. Any suggestions?

We sent you correspondence on September 25, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
My friend, you have already done what you could. IRCC agents have told you what will happen next, and they will make a note of this conversation in your file. You may want to discuss this with your local MP?? Good luck :)

peiresident

Aug 29, 2018
Yeah, I was thinking to visit MP office. I believe I need to call on 24th and if nothing good to contact MP. Otherwise they would tell me the same - wait 4 weeks then call and IRCC will take an action. Sad that it's delaying my application for at least a month and I cannot do anything about it.

Last edited:

Paulson

Star Member
May 3, 2017

My thought is to also send a web form quoting your follow up call centre agent and his response to you for IRCC record.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Rather than wait for IRCC, why don't you take your File #, UCI # etc from the AOR and go do the fingerprints right away.
That's the fastest way to get them done and over with.
CIC agents are useless in doing anything other than telling people to just wait.

peiresident

Aug 29, 2018
Rather than wait for IRCC, why don't you take your File #, UCI # etc from the AOR and go do the fingerprints right away.
That's the fastest way to get them done and over with.
CIC agents are useless in doing anything other than telling people to just wait.
Do you think I will be allowed to do fingerprints without a letter from IRCC requesting me to do so? I can give it try though.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Do you think I will be allowed to do fingerprints without a letter from IRCC requesting me to do so? I can give it try though.
You'd need to take your case number as a reference. How do you know it's a FP request? It could be a request for documents.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Yes it should be ok. Same thing happened to a friend of mine, he never received the request so he just went with all his file info and did it.
Sometimes the guy doing it would ask for letter, but just persist and ask him to do it anyway. Depending upon your address either it's sent to St. Clair office or to Vancouver office as they deal with fingerprints.

peiresident

Aug 29, 2018
I went to the fingerprint authorized company today and they did my fingerprints. The guy recommended that fingerprint check results would be sent to my address and then I would sent it to IRCC. He said that RCMP can send directly to IRCC but this is not guaranteed and may be delayed. From his experience, it would make things faster if I send to IRCC.

I live on the east coast of Canada. Is this the address I need to send my fingerprint 55 St Clair Ave E suite 200, Toronto, ON M4T 1L8 ? Since I've never received a letter from IRCC I don't know the address.

Last edited:

peiresident

Aug 29, 2018
I'm still curious why the fingerprint request has never made to me since it was sent on 9/25th (allegedly, according to e-cas). I have never had any issues with IRCC mails in the past as well as with other Canadian agencies.

My theory (and again, just a theory) is that they already have my fingerprints in the database so they can do a background check. About a year ago, I applied and was approved for NEXUS. In order to get it, I went to Halifax and Canadian Boarder Protection took my fingerprints in order to validate my identity. I'm pretty sure that the IRCC office that does background check has access to this database. My fingerprints have not changed since the time I got NEXUS so IRCC can validate with RCMP without sending me a new request. Again, just my theory.

Last edited:

peiresident

Aug 29, 2018
I received the request only today and according to Canada Post stamp it was sent only yesterday from Halifax office. I have submitted a web-form to let them know that the fingerprint results may come to IRCC later than 30 days and attached a scan of the envelope and the letter.
Btw, the letter was sent by the IRCC office in Halifax, not St.Clair office.

Last edited:

Louleta

Feb 14, 2019
I received the request only today and according to Canada Post stamp it was sent only yesterday from Halifax office. I have submitted a web-form to let them know that the fingerprint results may come to IRCC later than 30 days and attached a scan of the envelope and the letter.
Btw, the letter was sent by the IRCC office in Halifax, not St.Clair office.
What happened later did you receive the correspondence ?? I have the same case ..

Ram32

Nov 12, 2015
I went to the fingerprint authorized company today and they did my fingerprints. The guy recommended that fingerprint check results would be sent to my address and then I would sent it to IRCC. He said that RCMP can send directly to IRCC but this is not guaranteed and may be delayed. From his experience, it would make things faster if I send to IRCC.

I live on the east coast of Canada. Is this the address I need to send my fingerprint 55 St Clair Ave E suite 200, Toronto, ON M4T 1L8 ? Since I've never received a letter from IRCC I don't know the address.
Did the authorized finger print agency took without the letter