+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Correspondence for requested documents

Blue Bird

Nov 21, 2017
Hi folks:
Today I opened my ECAS and I found this:

"We sent you correspondence on December 11, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required".

Anyone would explain to me what they mean by this, and what documents do I need to provide them, and I will receive a letter from them regarding this by regular mail or not, does it affect my application routine process or not please help

Reactions: Goldberg2k19

gaggi10

Star Member
Aug 28, 2017
calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
calgary
App. Filed.......
05-09-2017
Hi folks:

"We sent you correspondence on December 11, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required".

Anyone would explain to me what they mean by this, and what documents do I need to provide them, and I will receive a letter from them regarding this by regular mail or not, does it affect my application routine process or not please help
its a fingerprint request which you will be receive in regular mail

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010

This could simply be a Finger Print request, but it could be something else.

Thus the post by gaggi10
its a fingerprint request which you will be receive in regular mail
only refers to one of many things this could be.

Since you will be receiving the actual request from IRCC soon (assuming your address information is current), there is little or nothing to be gained by speculating about what it is. It can range from a request for a specific document or fingerprints, to a request for multiple documents, it could be a CIT 0171 (full blown RQ), CIT 0520 (RQ-lite), or CIT 0205 (Presence Questionnaire for Quality Assurance Exercise), or some other specific request.

RQ and the Physical Presence Questionnaire (PPQ) require the applicant to submit a wide range of documents and information, and this is profoundly intrusive into the individual's privacy. BUT there is no point in worrying about whether this is what you will get unless and until to receive the correspondence from IRCC. No point going into details about what is requested if it is the RQ or PPQ unless and until you know that is what you have been sent.

For now hope that it is indeed just a finger print request and watch your mail.

Will help collective understanding here, and be appreciated, if you report back about what you have received and if there is a form title or form name (form name is usually in lower left hand corner in the format: CIT #### (month-year) and an "E" if it is the English version of that form) please report the title and name.

Blue Bird

Nov 21, 2017
This could simply be a Finger Print request, but it could be something else.

Thus the post by gaggi10

only refers to one of many things this could be.

Since you will be receiving the actual request from IRCC soon (assuming your address information is current), there is little or nothing to be gained by speculating about what it is. It can range from a request for a specific document or fingerprints, to a request for multiple documents, it could be a CIT 0171 (full blown RQ), CIT 0520 (RQ-lite), or CIT 0205 (Presence Questionnaire for Quality Assurance Exercise), or some other specific request.

RQ and the Physical Presence Questionnaire (PPQ) require the applicant to submit a wide range of documents and information, and this is profoundly intrusive into the individual's privacy. BUT there is no point in worrying about whether this is what you will get unless and until to receive the correspondence from IRCC. No point going into details about what is requested if it is the RQ or PPQ unless and until you know that is what you have been sent.

For now hope that it is indeed just a finger print request and watch your mail.

Will help collective understanding here, and be appreciated, if you report back about what you have received and if there is a form title or form name (form name is usually in lower left hand corner in the format: CIT #### (month-year) and an "E" if it is the English version of that form) please report the title and name.
Thank you dpenabill for responding, sure am gonna report back all about the correspondence received, including all titles and names information

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Hi folks:

if it says Dec 11, you should have received by now..I received my finger print request 1 day after the date of this line appearing in ecas

if i was you i will call IRCC help line and enquire...in my case I did call after seeing this line in ecas and agent confirmed its finger print request

Client Support Centre contact options
  • Web form
  • Telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)
    • Automated telephone service (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
      If you have a touch-tone telephone, you can listen to pre-recorded information about our programs, and check the status of your application.
    • Client Support Centre agents - Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., your local time, except for statutory holidays. Services are available in French and English.

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
I just got this today, Why would they need my fingerprints, don't they already have them? I'm thinking my could be something else. I hope it arrives quickly.

gopr

Mar 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-10-2014
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
23-12-2014
One more line on my ecas - updated last night I guess:

We sent you correspondence on January 29, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
I just got this today, Why would they need my fingerprints, don't they already have them? I'm thinking my could be something else. I hope it arrives quickly.
It could be a number of things why someone got selected for FP. Random selection or someone has same name that has a criminal record and want to separate one from the other. As far as I know CIC only keep FP records for 6 months, if I'm not mistaken. So it could be that they want FP since the FP records are original destroyed.

rir170814

Nov 26, 2017
Guys,

There is a misconception here. Two things:

1) When IRCC requests fingerprints, they are actually requesting a thorough background check, so if they had your criminal record from when you received your PR, that's at least 3-4 years old. A lot of rain has fallen since then and a lot of snow too!

2) They can't just automatically run your fingerprints criminal record again because If a criminal record is clean, RCMP keeps your fingerprints for only 90 days.

brjustina

Jan 30, 2018
Hello,

I got a mail on the 29th of January to submit my passport within 15 days to the Canadian embassy in Ghana. Passport sent via DHL and received at the embassy on the 5th of February.

Please how long does it take to get Visa stamped on the passport returned back?

I checked the status on my account on CIC and this was the correspondence I saw;

1. We sent you correspondence on January 27, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
I will appreciate a response to these issues.

Regards,
Justina

Haidi_Ali

Apr 30, 2018
I had this appearance in my account three or four days ago
"We sent you correspondence on September 14, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required."
I don't know why did they wait for seven and a half month for this, even though i had submitted the required documents before Oct 15,2017. I also got a correspondence letter stating that my application has been forwarded to Visa office, London.
Do I have to resubmit the requested documents or is it something else???

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
I had this appearance in my account three or four days ago
"We sent you correspondence on September 14, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required."
I don't know why did they wait for seven and a half month for this, even though i had submitted the required documents before Oct 15,2017. I also got a correspondence letter stating that my application has been forwarded to Visa office, London.
Do I have to resubmit the requested documents or is it something else???
This is the fingerprint request. They will ask for it if needed regardless of submitting all the required documents before Oct 15, 2017 and also regardless of what process of status one is under. There are a number who have received FP request after AOR and even after completing citizenship test.

jairaj1987

Aug 17, 2018
Hello,

I got a mail on the 29th of January to submit my passport within 15 days to the Canadian embassy in Ghana. Passport sent via DHL and received at the embassy on the 5th of February.

Please how long does it take to get Visa stamped on the passport returned back?

I checked the status on my account on CIC and this was the correspondence I saw;

1. We sent you correspondence on January 27, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
I will appreciate a response to these issues.

Regards,
Justina
Hi I got same massage yesterday can you please tell me what about that?
thanks

peiresident

Aug 29, 2018
I got the same message in ECAS. I called IRCC and they confirmed it was a fingerprint request. It's already 10/9 and I still did not get the mail. I called them twice and they are telling me to wait. It could not be that it's taking so long for a mail to be delivered. Any suggestions?

We sent you correspondence on September 25, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.