+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Correction of spelling mistake on work permit - processing time

Dolphin22

Dec 20, 2021
Hi,

I have received my PGWP early in November, but send it back right away as they made a mistake in the spelling of my middle name (the error is very minor, but since I have already encountered problems previously with accents and special letters that appear in my family name, I prefer that the spelling is exactly as it is on my passport and birth certificate). However, since then I have not received any news, and am not even sure that they have received my request for correction (which also included my original work permit). Unfortunately I did not send it by private courier. I am starting to get worried as it has been over 6 weeks and normal processing times are a month. Has anyone been in the same situation? Is there any way I can contact anyone or follow-up? Due to these delays, I cannot start the procedures for a Health Card, Drivers Licence or SIN which is really frustrating.
Any help is appreciated.

Thank you so much!

Dolphin22

Dec 20, 2021
Hi! Yes, I finally received it on February 15th, almost 4 months later... Well, I could not renew (or rather update) my SIN, as the names did not match. But since I kept the same job, there was no issue. Still so stressful. Wishing you all the best!

Reactions: Lc4life

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
Hi! Yes, I finally received it on February 15th, almost 4 months later... Well, I could not renew (or rather update) my SIN, as the names did not match. But since I kept the same job, there was no issue. Still so stressful. Wishing you all the best!
super stressful. thank u for the update my friend.

Tika12

Jan 22, 2023
Hi guys, I applied for PGWp but the name n surname mistake is from my end and have already received my work permit with the wrong one. Can you please help me here? The amendment says “if we made the mistake” so should I will fill that or not? And I did send a webform as well..
Help required