+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Correction of Fathers name in PR Holder's Indian Passport

CanadianDreamer@TO

Jul 23, 2021
Hello All,

I am a Canadian PR living in Toronto. I need to correct Father's name in my Indian passport. Does anyone have experience doing this earlier?
Will I get a new passport in this case with a different expiry date? (This is change in personal particulars)
Please confirm.
Thanks
Nitin

Last edited:

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

I am a Canadian PR living in Toronto. I need to correct Father's name in my Indian passport. Does anyone have experience doing this earlier?
Will I get a new passport in this case with a different expiry date? (This is change in personal particulars)
Please confirm.
Thanks
Nitin
You want to correct both your parents' name in your birth certificate and Indian passport? Why don't you declare yourself as an orphan before you come here?

CanadianDreamer@TO

Jul 23, 2021
You want to correct both your parents' name in your birth certificate and Indian passport? Why don't you declare yourself as an orphan before you come here?
I am sorry, If I am understanding right, this is not a very professional language. Rather than writing like this, you could have not responded. There are lot of people in India that face issues with names being different in different documents.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am sorry, If I am understanding right, this is not a very professional language. Rather than writing like this, you could have not responded. There are lot of people in India that face issues with names being different in different documents.
Posters are not a profession. So, why do you join to be a member?

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
Whoa. Which side of the bed did you get up on. Just chill even if you find someones question silly.

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
Hello All,

Please confirm.
Thanks
Nitin
Being a Canadian PR does not make a difference in this case. You would to apply for a passport renewal with Indian consulate general. And you will need to provide proper details and supporting documents of what should change and why should it change. The question is, why do you want to update fathers name. Was it spelt incorrectly. Or did your father change his name which you want reflected in your passport.

And yes, you will get a new passport with new expiry(10 yrs). Again, this is totally an India specific process and has nothing to do with your PR status in Canada.

Reactions: YVR123

CanadianDreamer@TO

Jul 23, 2021
@alok4best Thanks for the reply. I forgot to gave the full context. My Father's name in my passport also contains my grandfather's name as his middle name. This happened as my passport was made from Gujarat where they add your father's name as middle name. they did the same to me and to my father's name as mentioned in my passport. Why I am looking to get father's name corrected in my passport because I believe IRCC is going to use that to validate my father's name for supervisa application. Basically I am looking to submit supervisa application for my parents and trying to make sure I do not face any issue after submitting the application.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
@alok4best Thanks for the reply. I forgot to gave the full context. My Father's name in my passport also contains my grandfather's name as his middle name. This happened as my passport was made from Gujarat where they add your father's name as middle name. they did the same to me and to my father's name as mentioned in my passport. Why I am looking to get father's name corrected in my passport because I believe IRCC is going to use that to validate my father's name for supervisa application. Basically I am looking to submit supervisa application for my parents and trying to make sure I do not face any issue after submitting the application.
In general, your birth certificate is used as proof as your father's relationship to you when you apply for his supervisa.

I don't know what is the alternative for people who doesn't have a birth certificate.
Not familiar if "father's name" on passport can be used as a primary proof. I assume there is a special session on your passport that states: "father's name" instead of assumption of your middle name in your own passport.
If that's accepted then that name should match the name in your father's passport. In general name on passport is the holder's primary ID and legal name.