correct type of forms and documents

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello everyone,

we r going to apply for spousal visa my wife is a canadian citizen, just wanted to confirm if we have got the correct forms to be filled, here is the list of forms we have printed,

1. Application to sponsor and undertaking (IMM 1344 A)

2. Sponsorship Agreement (IMM 1344 B)

3. Sponsorship evaluation (IMM 5481)

4. Sponsor Questionnaire (IMM 5540)

5. Application for permanent residence in Canada (IMM 0008) Generic

6. Schedule 1 Background declaration (IMM 0008) Schedule 1

7. Sponsored spouse questionnaire (IMM 5490)

8. Document checklist (5491)

my next questions are,

> can we send this altogether in one package or will we have to get the sponsorship approved first?,

> can i have my medicals done before hand or will i be told by CIC to get them done by some designated doctor after my application has been filed?

> would print outs of our wedding pics, holiday pics and other family get together be enough to prove our relationship or we need more stuff to prove genuinity?

> we have lived together since our wedding on 2nd of july 2010 here in London, UK, she is leaving for Canada next week, would that effect our application in any way?

ok i think i have asked too many questions, hope they r not confusing, its very very important step of one's life and that is why i didn't want to leave anything hanging in balance, your help is required and appreciated in advance,

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hsbalouch said:
hello everyone,

we r going to apply for spousal visa my wife is a canadian citizen, just wanted to confirm if we have got the correct forms to be filled, here is the list of forms we have printed,

1. Application to sponsor and undertaking (IMM 1344 A)

2. Sponsorship Agreement (IMM 1344 B)

3. Sponsorship evaluation (IMM 5481)

4. Sponsor Questionnaire (IMM 5540)

5. Application for permanent residence in Canada (IMM 0008) Generic

6. Schedule 1 Background declaration (IMM 0008) Schedule 1

7. Sponsored spouse questionnaire (IMM 5490)

8. Document checklist (5491)

my next questions are,

> can we send this altogether in one package or will we have to get the sponsorship approved first?,

> can i have my medicals done before hand or will i be told by CIC to get them done by some designated doctor after my application has been filed?

> would print outs of our wedding pics, holiday pics and other family get together be enough to prove our relationship or we need more stuff to prove genuinity?

> we have lived together since our wedding on 2nd of july 2010 here in London, UK, she is leaving for Canada next week, would that effect our application in any way?

ok i think i have asked too many questions, hope they r not confusing, its very very important step of one's life and that is why i didn't want to leave anything hanging in balance, your help is required and appreciated in advance,
You forgot the Additional Family Information Form IMM5406 and the Region Specific Guide for the country where the application will be processed. Western Europe for you. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp#region

1. Send it all together in one package.
2. Medical must be done before and the receipt included in the package.
3. That depends. Read through other threads for an idea of the kind of proof to provide. Also, read through processing manual OP2, specifically Section 5 to see how genuine relationships are evaluated. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op02-eng.pdf
4. Postively or negatively? It's positive that you've lived together. Provide an explanation as to why she left, i.e. visa for UK has expired, can't work in the UK, re-establishing in Canada, etc.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
hsbalouch said:
we r going to apply for spousal visa my wife is a canadian citizen, just wanted to confirm if we have got the correct forms to be filled, here is the list of forms we have printed ...
You also need IMM 5406 the 'Additional Family Information' form.

You send it all in one package to CIC in Mississauga, Ontario.
You have to have the medical done beforehand by a DMP (a doctor designated by CIC). You have to include the original copy 2 of the form IMM 1017, which is the proof of your medical.
Photos are great, but you need more evidence. Get proof you were actually living together, such as a lease signed by both of you; financial documents such as joint bank accounts and credit cards; each other listed as beneficiaries on wills, insurance, health plans; proof of communication when apart, such as phone bills and emails; letters, cards, and gifts sent to each other - you can provide a photo of any gifts, plus the receipt if you still have it; proof of travel to visit one another and of trips taken together; letters/affidavits/emails from friends and family members stating they know you are a couple, when they first met you or your spouse, and saying they think your marriage is genuine and why (these are not necessary, but are good extra evidence if you feel you don't have enough other evidence).
No, it is good. Actually having lived together is good proof the relationship is genuine. If the sponsor is living overseas, she has to prove that she will be moving back to Canada. Since she is going back to Canada next week, she won't have to prove she will be going back: she just has to indicate on the forms that she is living in Canada.

hsbalouch

Mar 5, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oh good lord :O,,,, there was still a lot to do with remaining forms i.e region specific and additional family members :O

i am going to include our tenancy agreement, travel tickets and bills alongwith photographs--it was a three day traditional asian wedding, lots of photos and over 100 people :D,,, hope will do in our case--

i am going to book an appointment for the medicals tomorrow, there are two designated doctors here in london, hopefully everything will go well :)

and yes r jessome my wife has left for good-- our first baby is on the way and we both decided that she will be better taken care of at her parents house in Toronto since i am not home for most of the time because of my work routine :)

thank you very much both of you for answering my query in a complete and precise way :) wish me luck :)