+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Correct address for sending Passport from US

Rai@81

Sep 26, 2019
Hello,

I have received PPR email today. I am CEC inland applicant. They asked me to send passport through Canada Post express service. My question is that can I use fedex or UPS because there is some conflict going on between IRCC and Canada Post.

please help.,., some advice

Thanks

Amar
Hello bro, have you any contact number, I want ask you something, I got Same reply from Ottawa as you before, additional verification, plz give me your number, I'm in land applicant

pjain64

Feb 19, 2020
I had the same issue. i was asked to send my passport to PO box address in Canada from US as I have US mailing address.

UPS wouldnt take the shipment because its a PO box address. They asked me to send it via USPS
USPS wouldnt give me a return service because they can only process return service for US domestic mails.

Then i went to fedex, it was pain even they cant help me to get a return service because it doesnt allow it in their system.

Then I had to create an account in fedex, add my credit card. Then create a label for return service by creating an envelope, label with self address.

Then I gave these to fedex to get it shipped.

USPS told me that they can ship passports to a PO box address in Canad and they asked me to get a return service from some private (like fedex) so that they can send them.

You can do it either of these ways (although its a pain to get them to understand what we need).

Print return service yourself using fedex account or ask UPS or DHL etc if they can give you just a return service then send all docs including self addressed envelope through USPS or fedex.

I wouldnt recommend Laurier West address although its more convenient to send because the "Ready for Visa" email clearly states that send it to PO box address
I just sent it to 365 Laurier west address despite the PPR saying PO 8781. Cant take chances package returning back because its a PO knowing several have had issues recently. As matter of fact, many others have received PPRs suggesting Luarier as mailing address for USA applicants. At least we know Laurier address is for CPC Ottawa and they would always redirect if it gets there. I will let everyone know when it is received and approved.
Hi everyone! Sorry for reviving a 2 years old thread. I'm in the same boat now. My passport request letter states to send to a P.O box address (CPC – Ottawa – PR P.O. Box 8781).

I'm also sending from U.S and FedEx employees are repeatedly saying that if the recipient is a P.O box address, then they need a valid recipient phone number. The delivery person would call on that number to get the delivery address and without that, they won't be able to deliver. The problem is that this page clearly states to provide my own phone number instead of any IRCC phone number and FedEx is advising against providing my number, so I'm stuck.

Could you or anyone please advise and help?
1. For the folks who sent to a P.O box, did you face a similar issue? What recipient phone number did you use?
2. For the folks who sent to Laurier address despite the letter asking to send to a PO box address, did it work and passports were correctly returned? In other words, is it safe to go against the address in the letter and send to Laurier instead?

This is the second letter for me and previously the address used to be Laurier Ave West, but the current letter is asking to send to P.O. Box 8781. I'd be very grateful and indebted for any help. Please advise. Thank you very much.

pjain64

Feb 19, 2020
Address:
CPCO – PR VISA

US Permanent /Temporary Residence VISA/Passports

PO Box 8781 STN T CSC

Ottawa ON

K1G 5B3

I used FEDEX. Initially the Fedex guy said we don't send to PO Box address. But I told him that I have seen people sending to this address. Then he checked and it worked. But for the Return Label I had to create an online Fedex account.
Basically you first create a Fedex Profile and then create an account which require either Credit Card or Debit Card. You can create it right now and try creating both the labels online thru your account. You will be charged on your card after they deliver your package.
Hi Again,

Sorry to keep bothering you.
For the return envelope - for from address - You used the same P.O BOX address right?

Thanking you in advance.

Best Regards,
Sam
Hi @sidroy09,

Sorry for reviving a 2 years old thread. I'm in the same boat now. My passport request letter states to send to a P.O box address (CPC – Ottawa – PR P.O. Box 8781).

I'm also sending from U.S and FedEx employees are repeatedly saying that if the recipient is a P.O box address, then they need a valid recipient phone number. The delivery person would call on that number to get the delivery address and without that, they won't be able to deliver. The problem is that this page clearly states to provide my own phone number instead of any IRCC phone number and FedEx is advising against providing my number, so I'm stuck.

Could you please advise what did you do - did you face a similar issue? What recipient phone number did you use?

Many folks who also were asked to send to a PO box address have advised sending it to the Laurier address on this page despite the letter asking to send to a PO box address, so I'm quite confused between the two and which phone number to use.

I'd be very grateful and indebted for any help. Please advise. Thank you very much.

sidroy09

Jul 26, 2013
Hi @sidroy09,

Sorry for reviving a 2 years old thread. I'm in the same boat now. My passport request letter states to send to a P.O box address (CPC – Ottawa – PR P.O. Box 8781).

Could you please advise what did you do - did you face a similar issue? What recipient phone number did you use?

Many folks who also were asked to send to a PO box address have advised sending it to the Laurier address on this page despite the letter asking to send to a PO box address, so I'm quite confused between the two and which phone number to use.

I'd be very grateful and indebted for any help. Please advise. Thank you very much.

Hey,

To be honest I have seen many things changed in past 2 years and I clearly remember I never gave my number as recipient's number.
Sorry dude, can't comment much on that but as the link says "
  • Phone: Your own Phone Number, DO NOT put IRCC Phone Number.
" so just follow that. IRCC must bombarded with so many calls it seems. Passport handling is always sensitive matter and usually Fedex require signature or ID for delivery. May be that is why they are asking for phone number. Just give your number and don't tell Fedex about it.

pjain64

Feb 19, 2020
Thank you @sidroy09 for your reply and help.

Yes, it is indeed worrisome and confusing. The FedEx employee said he is fairly confident that whenever the delivery address is a P.O box, then the delivery person needs to call on the "recipient phone number" to confirm where to deliver. So even if I convince FedEx to just send it anyway with my number as the recipient, then it might not get delivered. Even the "Can I ship to a P.O. box?" on FedEx's page says "It’s possible to ship to P.O. boxes in Puerto Rico and some international destinations via FedEx Express. In these cases, you’ll be required to provide a valid telephone, fax or telex number."

Hence, I was scared. I have asked IRCC repeatedly, but they haven't been replying.

I also read that some folks had sent their passports to the NON-PO box Laurier address on this page, even though their letter had asked to send to the PO box address. Hence, I was even more confused if I should send to the Laurier address on this page, or, to the address mentioned in my personal passport request letter (the latter seems safer as those are the direct instructions, but this whole PO box business is confusing).

Last edited:

FeelTheBern

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-12-2020
Med's Request
22-03-2022
Med's Done....
01-04-2022
Passport Req..
14-04-2022
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2022
Hi All,

I've been asked to send the passports to the following address in my PPR letter:

CPCO – PR VISA
365 Laurier Av. West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

Question: How to fit the second line while creating shipping labels on FedEx? Is there a way to shorten the text? Also, should we put the second line in the Company field?

adomanim

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
In parentheses in Permanent Address section, it says to write in that space should your Mailing Address be different from your Permanent Address. Just brute force your Japanese address in the Mailing Address. If you want to be more accurate, you can search your address on Google Maps if the app is in English.

anirudhmehta

Oct 18, 2020
Hi I am Anirudh and I think I have an issue with the return label which I sent via fedex.
I currently reside in US - and I was asked to send my passport to OTTAWA at this address
CPCO – PR VISA
365 Laurier Av. West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

So I did international
Shipping on 30April 2022 and my passport was received by the CPCO center on 3May2022 and the GIC portal was updated on 09MAY2022 that counterfoil has been applied to my passport.

Today is 13 May and Now I am worried as the return label tracking number does not show anything. When I did some research, i found out that there might be an issue with the return shipping label which I created as it was for domestic shipping only. I have not gotten any response from IRCC. I have tried to call them but there is no phone number where you could reach them. Idid submit a web ticket and emailed about the issue.
Is there any other way to reach the CPC center from USA? Has any one experienced this issue and can help me out??# Urgent my phone is +1-848-391-4847. Thanks for your help in advance!

anirudhmehta

Oct 18, 2020
I wish I knew this before - my shipping label I feel is incorrect and confirmed by a fedex custom service agent on call. But the fedex office i went to were very confident that this is the right way to do it. But seems like not. I am still waiting to hear back from IRCC, and there is no update on fedex tracking number

ThakurD

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
I wish I knew this before - my shipping label I feel is incorrect and confirmed by a fedex custom service agent on call. But the fedex office i went to were very confident that this is the right way to do it. But seems like not. I am still waiting to hear back from IRCC, and there is no update on fedex tracking number
Same situation & timeline for my daughter... please let me know ow if you get any update... thanks

ThakurD

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Etobicoke

FeelTheBern

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-12-2020
Med's Request
22-03-2022
Med's Done....
01-04-2022
Passport Req..
14-04-2022
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2022
Hi... do you have any idea which date counterfoil was applied on your passport... my daughter's passport counterfoil was applied on May 10, 2022 and passport return label still not active... worried a bit
It was May 12 for us.