Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

dupsnarol

Jul 28, 2017
Okay thanks. I have been searching on NOC for the appreciate one but found 0114 for other administrative manager cos my role presently is head legal n admin which is admin related and chief legal department. The other NOC you suggested is rather too low for someone with a masters degree.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm not sure they will consider it NOC0114. Unfortunately the combination of your qualifications, education, job description are not usually found in Canadian law firms.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Okay thanks. I have been searching on NOC for the appreciate one but found 0114 for other administrative manager cos my role presently is head legal n admin which is admin related and chief legal department. The other NOC you suggested is rather too low for someone with a masters degree.
NOCs aren't determined by the degree you hold - it's about the duties you perform. Someone could have a PhD and be working as a retail sales person. Having a PhD doesn't change which NOC they fall under - they're still a retail sales person. I would recommend focusing on the job duties. If your duties match 0114 - then you're good. If not, keep looking.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sorry for the confusion. I had interpreted legal secretary as something similar to a paralegal. Law degrees in Canada are professional degrees done after a bachelors degree. A NOC 0 makes more sense.

dupsnarol

Jul 28, 2017
I'm not sure they will consider it NOC0114. Unfortunately the combination of your qualifications, education, job description are not usually found in Canadian law firms.
But can be found in corporations.. Its not by force you must work in a law firm.. My masters is in corporate law which is pertinent to working in admin or
NOCs aren't determined by the degree you hold - it's about the duties you perform. Someone could have a PhD and be working as a retail sales person. Having a PhD doesn't change which NOC they fall under - they're still a retail sales person. I would recommend focusing on the job duties. If your duties match 0114 - then you're good. If not, keep looking.
Thank you so so much. I appreciate... 0114 falls under my duties at work as well as d NOC you suggested.. I feel I should go for 0114 as it has a university degree as requirement but for d other one its a secondary school or diploma... I feel that was too low for me..I will go will 0114. Thank you for your time

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes I realize lawyers don't only work at law firms. Many lawyers don't practice law at all and work in various forms of administration/management or politics, etc. Or you could work as a lawyer in house and not be constantly concerned about billable hours.

I would suggest using the term lawyer or attorney in Canada (even barrister) over legal secretary so people don't get confused like I did. Law school is also structured very differently in NA so if you tell someone you are a legal secretary with a bachelors degree + a masters they will be confused. We have masters in Law that are meant to give people (mostly involved in business) a better understanding of the law without going to law school. Best of luck!

dupsnarol

Jul 28, 2017
No you should not be confused cos law has its own specialization just like Medicine. Corporate law means matters n law as it relates to corporations. Its also more on compliances and corporate governance.. Its good for me to have my background in law n further masters in Corporate law. Am not out of place. I have critically digested the NOC 1242 and I feel I can roll with that. Its a mixture of both legal n afmin but the title is not commending at all as its legal ADM assistant but my role presently features well in it... I appreciate your time here.. Happy to be part of this forum.Thks.