+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

coronavirus china

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You're in higher risk in the US than Canada, if you're pointing at the increased number of cases. It would be in your best interest to head for Alberta or Saskatchewan right now.
That is pretty hysterical. Not necessary to flee for the prairies.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm intending to be sarcastic to poke fun at the insistence that the world has changed. As always, sarcasm fails to translate on the internet.
I did miss the italics but people are actually freaking out on the forum about the coronavirus and not being able to land so probably not something to joke about especially given it was a genuine question.

Sabari2887

Oct 15, 2019
I'm in a similar situation. My last date for landing is mid May and I live in Los Angeles, CA. A lot have changed since your post and there are way more confirmed and new cases in North America. Did you reach out to CIC asking for an extension?
Of course there Are lot of reasons to worry right now in this regard as there are 100 plus cases in the US currently.During that time they didn't respond back at all and i went via my own car from my current location and did the landing.Now i saw one post on the CIC official website stating that they might consider the extension request for such concerns on case by case basis. May be try doing that once if not come down to New York buffalo and take a car and do the landing that way may be. Its pretty scary right now all over.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Of course there Are lot of reasons to worry right now in this regard as there are 100 plus cases in the US currently.During that time they didn't respond back at all and i went via my own car from my current location and did the landing.Now i saw one post on the CIC official website stating that they might consider the extension request for such concerns on case by case basis. May be try doing that once if not come down to New York buffalo and take a car and do the landing that way may be. Its pretty scary right now all over.
There would have to be a significant uptick in cases in the US or flight cancellations for people in the US to get an extension. If you are coming from Iran, parts of China, South Korea, Northern Italy that’s a different story.

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
Hi

I have booked tickets to travel on the 7th of april and am from sri lanka. Going with three kids. The youngest bein 3 yrs. Have already booked airbnb too.
Flying from sri lanka and have a transit in dubai.
Now I am quite concerned about fying with kids as north american situation is getting worse and also risk of travelling with kids.

Would ircc give us an extension if we request ? In fact our visas expire end of August .

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

I have booked tickets to travel on the 7th of april and am from sri lanka. Going with three kids. The youngest bein 3 yrs. Have already booked airbnb too.
Flying from sri lanka and have a transit in dubai.
Now I am quite concerned about fying with kids as north american situation is getting worse and also risk of travelling with kids.

Would ircc give us an extension if we request ? In fact our visas expire end of August .

Thanks
No. It's perfectly safe to travel.