+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

coronavirus china

Sabari2887

Newbie
Oct 15, 2019
7
0
Citing this reason and the fear around any international travel currently due to the coronavirus can we request IRCC to give us with some flexibility in traveling/appearing in person to claim the PR card.

We have received the Copr recently and we will have to do the landing by February 20.

Guys lemme know with your thoughts and how to contact the IRCC team if i have to request for a date adjustment?
 

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
31,121
6,850
Citing this reason and the fear around any international travel currently due to the coronavirus can we request IRCC to give us with some flexibility in traveling/appearing in person to claim the PR card.

We have received the Copr recently and we will have to do the landing by February 20.

Guys lemme know with your thoughts and how to contact the IRCC team if i have to request for a date adjustment?
When did you get approval? If you waited until the last month to land you may not get an extension. This is incredibly unusual situation and it will depend on how long this lasts. Where in China are you located?
 

Sabari2887

Newbie
Oct 15, 2019
7
0
I got the approval during Nov 2019.Am staying in the US currently and ny concern is more around travelling to toronto international airport at this point as there are chances of having to navigate around more foreign passengers who may or may not be suffering from this infection
 

Copingwithlife

Champion Member
Jul 29, 2018
2,397
920
Earth
I got the approval during Nov 2019.Am staying in the US currently and ny concern is more around travelling to toronto international airport at this point as there are chances of having to navigate around more foreign passengers who may or may not be suffering from this infection
You would be pushing the proverbial envelope if you used the above reason in asking for an extension, since you're in the US already. And currently the risk in North America is pretty much non existent, and doesn't the US currently have more confirmed cases then Canada ?
 

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
68,257
10,036
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I got the approval during Nov 2019.Am staying in the US currently and ny concern is more around travelling to toronto international airport at this point as there are chances of having to navigate around more foreign passengers who may or may not be suffering from this infection
Yes - of course there is. Any major airport will have this risk right now.
 

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
8,018
1,787
Canada
I got the approval during Nov 2019.Am staying in the US currently and ny concern is more around travelling to toronto international airport at this point as there are chances of having to navigate around more foreign passengers who may or may not be suffering from this infection
This won't be an acceptable reason for delaying COPR as you are already in the US. You could fly to Buffalo and take a bus to Toronto, but you'd be navigating around other people the whole way.

Being locked up in Wuhan would potentially be an acceptable reason.
 

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
68,257
10,036
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I got the approval during Nov 2019.Am staying in the US currently and ny concern is more around travelling to toronto international airport at this point as there are chances of having to navigate around more foreign passengers who may or may not be suffering from this infection
Keep in mind that you can drive and land at a land boarder crossing. No need to go to an airport. Problem solved.
 

quantized

Full Member
Aug 11, 2018
37
7
I got the approval during Nov 2019.Am staying in the US currently and ny concern is more around travelling to toronto international airport at this point as there are chances of having to navigate around more foreign passengers who may or may not be suffering from this infection
I'm in a similar situation. My last date for landing is mid May and I live in Los Angeles, CA. A lot have changed since your post and there are way more confirmed and new cases in North America. Did you reach out to CIC asking for an extension?
 

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
31,613
7,090
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I'm in a similar situation. My last date for landing is mid May and I live in Los Angeles, CA. A lot have changed since your post and there are way more confirmed and new cases in North America. Did you reach out to CIC asking for an extension?
There is absolutely nothing preventing someone in the US from coming to Canada to land. IRCC is not going to grant you an extension.
 
  • Like
Reactions: k.h.p.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
8,018
1,787
Canada
I'm in a similar situation. My last date for landing is mid May and I live in Los Angeles, CA. A lot have changed since your post and there are way more confirmed and new cases in North America. Did you reach out to CIC asking for an extension?
You're in higher risk in the US than Canada, if you're pointing at the increased number of cases. It would be in your best interest to head for Alberta or Saskatchewan right now.