+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Corona Virus threat to Travel , COPR expires on 24th April 2020

Ali khan1011

Mar 17, 2020
Sigh. Your wife is coming BEFORE the ban is in place, so again, you won't be able to comment on what will happen to travellers AFTER the ban is in place....
Lol okay boss clearly you know better.
Just do me a favour. Read the ircc site, google what immediate family means. Also watch the conference
The ban starts on Wednesday. Plus my wife and I are both trying to get more information for everyone. So don’t come and tell me I won’t know shit lol when clearly you can’t help someone. Also it’s up to the airline. There are a lot of complications which YOU wouldn’t know yet until someone is actually trying to come aboard to Canada.
I have been Canadian citizen for the past 15 years, yet I am still curious and worried if she’ll be able to come. So yes more information to ME will be available by tonight.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Lol okay boss clearly you know better.
Just do me a favour. Read the ircc site, google what immediate family means. Also watch the conference
The ban starts on Wednesday. Plus my wife and I are both trying to get more information for everyone. So don’t come and tell me I won’t know shit lol when clearly you can’t help someone. Also it’s up to the airline. There are a lot of complications which YOU wouldn’t know yet until someone is actually trying to come aboard to Canada.
I have been Canadian citizen for the past 15 years, yet I am still curious and worried if she’ll be able to come. So yes more information to ME will be available by tonight.
I've read everything. How do you not understand this? Your wife is travelling BEFORE the ban, therefore you have no way of providing information to people travelling AFTER the ban. Your wife's experience will NOT represent anyone travelling after the ban. That is just basic common sense.

Reactions: cancan0505

Ali khan1011

Mar 17, 2020
I've read everything. How do you not understand this? Your wife is travelling BEFORE the ban, therefore you have no way of providing information to people travelling AFTER the ban. Your wife's experience will NOT represent anyone travelling after the ban. That is just basic common sense.
It’s calling “ asking questions” at the airport but okay sir. You should work with the immigration officer Ahahah

sanchit1234

Feb 6, 2020
Hi all, just got through IRCC via their helpline number. Following was the reply:

1. COPR doesn’t mean that you are already a Permanent resident and they will not allow you to enter Canada (specially if you don’t have an immediate family member who is either a Canadian citizen or PR). US citizens being an exception.
2. You will have to send a webform to get an answer regarding extension to the existing TRV. They will have to give an extension since the ban was enforced by Canadian govt. They will reply back to the webform On how to proceed/apply for an extension.

Sending a webform is the only solution as of now. Rest, let’s see how things turn out after 18th noon - specially when there will be a lot of people being refused to enter Canada.

Reactions: acuren

sswetha

Mar 17, 2020
My CoPR expires on 31st March and I booked my tickets for 24th March before the coronavirus started but due to all this coronavirus mess and travel bans rescheduled flight to 21st March yesterday which is the earliest ticket I could manage to get. It's hard to even find a seat on a plane right now.
Will you be able to travel with Canada closing borders?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
It’s calling “ asking questions” at the airport but okay sir. You should work with the immigration officer Ahahah
Not a sir.

People are already quoting misinformation from airlines, so at this point, airline staff are not a reliable source. The lack of repsonse from the Canadian government indicates that they are still working on these things.

ankurgupta325

Star Member
Jan 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
OINP
Will you be able to travel with Canada closing borders?
Two or three people in forum managed to get IRCC on call and confirmed that CoPR / PRV holders will not be allowed to land in Canada till further notice. I am not going to board flight on 21st March and have raised webform and emailed IRCC Delhi immigration with my case attached with tickets and asking for extending my CoPR. Now I am going to just wait for a reply.

Ali khan1011

Mar 17, 2020
Two or three people in forum managed to get IRCC on call and confirmed that CoPR / PRV holders will not be allowed to land in Canada till further notice. I am not going to board flight on 21st March and have raised webform and emailed IRCC Delhi immigration with my case attached with tickets and asking for extending my CoPR. Now I am going to just wait for a reply.
Unless the copr have an immediate family with Canadian nationality?

mac88

Nov 2, 2014
Did anyone confirm with IRCC that immediate family member of PR (not citizen,as they are good for sure) can enter in Canada during this travel ban?
There are different reviews on this matter.
Response appreciated

IamBlaze

Mar 17, 2020
Did anyone confirm with IRCC that immediate family member of PR (not citizen,as they are good for sure) can enter in Canada during this travel ban?
There are different reviews on this matter.
Response appreciated
According to the Transport minister in this video , immediate family of permanent residents are allowed entry. But I'm not sure because it seems like there's different info everywhere so who knows if immigration staff will even know what's right.

wasiqjaved

Sep 15, 2007
This is what Minister of Transport Marc Garneau stated about who is allowed and who isn't.

a) all foreign national to flights to Canada, other than 'transporter' flights - in other words, Flights from the US

b) Any foreign national who has resided outside of Canada or US in the last 14 days.
- This measure will not apply to:
a) Canadian citizens
b) Permanent Residents
c) Immediate Family Members of Citizens or Permanent Residents,
d) Aircrews
e) Travellers in transit to another country
f) Diplomats
Canada is also introducing screening measures for passengers before they board flight destined for Canada.
Air Operators must do basic health assessments of all Air travellers before boarding - following guidance from Public Health Agency of Canada
Any passenger - regardless of their citizenship, with possible COVID-19 symptoms - will NOT be allowed to board flights to Canada.
If passengers begin to show symptoms during flight, there are procedures for dealing with this situation - including notifying Air Traffic controller with details so that this particular passenger can be met on Landing.
In addition affecting March 18 2020 @ 12:01am, all flights from Europe, Asia, Africa & South America will be diverted to Montreal, Toronto, Calgary or Vancouver International Airports. Flights from US, Caribbean & Mexico can continue to land at their scheduled Canadian destinations.

Last edited:

mac88

Nov 2, 2014
Thanks Guys for quick feedback
Request to all PR's who are waiting for their spouse. please share your experience whether they (CBSA) allow them to land in Canada or not after March 18?
Will be really helpful

sab24

Star Member
May 6, 2019
My wife has her COPR and is boarding in 5 hours. I asked her to print a copy of my passport (I am Cdn citizen) so I really hope she should be allowed to enter Canada as her flight lands after 12noon March 18 EST

Hrishi2704

Jul 30, 2018
The key phrase seems to be 'immediate family members of citizens' in the text on IRCC site does not seem to say anything about immediate family members of PRs. Maybe this is an error between what a minsiter said and how the IRCC text has been written ?

In simple terms, you cannot board a plane to Canada if you have been outside of Canada or the United States in the last 14 days, unless you are a Canadian Citizen, Canadian Permanent Resident or in transit to a 3rd country.

The measure will come into force on Wednesday, March 18, at 12:00 p.m. (noon) EDT. It would not apply to air crews, travelers arriving in Canada in transit to a third country, Canadian Permanent Residents, diplomats, or immediate family members of Canadian citizens.

https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-canada/news/2020/03/new-measures-for-covid-19-response.html

Still not clear even for family members of citizens how anyone can show an airline checkin agent that they are an immediate family member of even a citizen and the airline will not want to be exposed to allowing travel against the instruction.

Suggest that anyone still planning on travelling contacts their airline, not easy at the moment, but the airline will have the last say whether they allow anyone to board a plane or not This is only a public forum with access to public information, the airline will likely have more specific board/ no board instructions.
I have a question with regards to the following statements taken directly from the link above (Transport Canada)

For practical purposes, the denial of boarding would apply to:
  • all foreign nationals on flights to Canada other than trans-border flights, and
  • any foreign national on a trans-border flight who has resided outside the US and Canada in the last 14 days
Does that mean, if you are a foreign national residing in the US, who hasn't traveled outside of the US in the last 14 days can travel to Canada on a Trans-Border flight? I am an Indian Citizen and haven't traveled out of the US for last 4 years. I also have my CoPR. So does that mean, I can complete my landing process?

I am still under the impression from the information that I am reading; as a person with CoPR (technically not a permanent resident) CANNOT complete the landing process because of the COVID19 regulations.