+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPY PASTE NOC job discription

orebaron

Mar 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

I asked my employer HR to copy and paste the noc job description onto my job letter, my job description matches the noc i applied under, do you think I made a mistake by doing that, copy and paste? my employer is a big company and has good reputation, and HR only copied, because he believes it's right, please let me know?

searing_heat

Jun 8, 2013
I'm not an expert but I do know that you should NOT copy and paste job descriptions from NOC on your experience letter! You must mention the actual work you did at the company. It would be very similar but words should not be copy paste. I think I have seen few folks here whose applications were rejected by CIC - they had somewhat a job description copy paste scenario (along with other reasons). It makes your experience look like fake to the VO. Try your best to not raise any doubts in VO's mind.

I'd highly advise to draft your experience and then make sure you have captured all of the details required (as expected by your NOC code). Hope it helps.

CEC_NLD

Sep 13, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2013
Doc's Request.
28-02-2014 Schedue A form
AOR Received.
16-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront 07-03-2013
There are few cases where VO rejected the application because of the copy/paste of duties from HRDSC site. May be you can search for that in this forum.

In some cases it is advantage as duties exactly match with HRDSC site.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
orebaron said:
Hi Guys,

I asked my employer HR to copy and paste the noc job description onto my job letter, my job description matches the noc i applied under, do you think I made a mistake by doing that, copy and paste? my employer is a big company and has good reputation, and HR only copied, because he believes it's right, please let me know?
I too have come across cases which got refused because the applicant copy-pasted the job description. Have you already submitted your application ? If not, I would strongly recommend that you get a new one.

orebaron

Mar 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thx for your answers, I submitted my application and got an AOR, what are your thoughts, my HR also included other job duties along with the ones he copied from the NOC website

ukulele

Jun 27, 2013
orebaron said:
Hi Guys,

In some cases they refuse applications because of copy-paste... If I were you, in this same position, in your shoes, I would probably submit a letter of explanation saying that your HR department found the duties to be almost identical to yours and decided to copy and paste or something like that... Make it sound like there is a reason why they copied and pasted, do not misrepresent though... There is always a way to explain. I copied mine, and rewrote them in my own words, mixed them up a little so that they do not go in the same order as on the website and added more duties, however, my duties were really almost identical to the NOC description, it's just better to rewrite them a little bit, without lying, so that the officer cannot deny you on the basis of duties etc... So come up with a plausible, non-misrepresentable explanation if you wanna feel safe...

ferna

Star Member
Jan 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
Med's Request
24-01-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014
Passport Req..
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014 (before I got the PPR!!)
LANDED..........
01-03-2014
I did copy and paste and it was ok. Like you I added some other stuff as well. Specially since you say you are working for a big company, i donot think they will think of it as fake job.

Shahbaz042

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Hi Guys,

Hi, Can you share your experience about this situation? I know its been a long time now :p please guide me if you have gotten this message of mine. It would be much appreciable. Did you get any problem by copying and paste the duties?

Thanks in advance

Shahbaz042

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
I did copy and paste and it was ok. Like you I added some other stuff as well. Specially since you say you are working for a big company, i donot think they will think of it as fake job.

Hi, Can you share your experience about this situation? I know its been a long time now :p please guide me if you have gotten this message of mine. It would be much appreciable. Did you get any problem by copying and paste the duties?

Thanks in advance