+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Copy of previous application

kelly.

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anybody knows whether or not you can get access to a previous approved and completed application?

I'm currently completing the forms to apply for citizenship. Last year I renewed my PR, and when I renewed it I'm not sure whether I included one of my previous addresses.
Unfortunately I didn't keep a copy of my application, and I'm now worried in case they don't match and my citizenship get's refused.

I only lived there for a year or so, it was a basement suite...I didn't ever get mail there, and my mailing address always stayed as my husbands parents address. I just can't remember whether I bothered to put it on there or not!

Would a discrepancy like that be enough to cause serious problems...or would it just be a case of them returning my application and me fixing it?

Thanks,
Kelly

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
kelly. said:
Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anybody knows whether or not you can get access to a previous approved and completed application?

I'm currently completing the forms to apply for citizenship. Last year I renewed my PR, and when I renewed it I'm not sure whether I included one of my previous addresses.
Unfortunately I didn't keep a copy of my application, and I'm now worried in case they don't match and my citizenship get's refused.

I only lived there for a year or so, it was a basement suite...I didn't ever get mail there, and my mailing address always stayed as my husbands parents address. I just can't remember whether I bothered to put it on there or not!

Would a discrepancy like that be enough to cause serious problems...or would it just be a case of them returning my application and me fixing it?

Thanks,
Kelly
The information has to match. If you have copy of previous applications that you have sent to CIC, check that or cross reference it somewhere. The information mismatch may cause issues. Try to recall your memory.
For future reference, make sure whenever you send any forms/applications/documents to CIC, make the photocopy of the same for future reference.

It's applicant's responsibility to make sure that the correct and accurate information is mentioned in order to avoid misrepresentation.

kelly.

Star Member
Apr 18, 2011
I thought as much!

Any idea whether you can request a copy of an old application?

I will call the call center when I have time too, but unfortunately its hard to catch them as I'm working.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
It is best to just add the additional address, even if it was not on the PR application. Maybe it will cause a small problem but I think it can be cleared up and explained as an unintentional mistake for the PR application

If you think you didn't have it on the PR application so you decided to omit it from your citizenship application, then that is clearly misrepresentation since you are knowingly omitting information.

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
keesio said:
It is best to just add the additional address, even if it was not on the PR application. Maybe it will cause a small problem but I think it can be cleared up and explained as an unintentional mistake for the PR application

If you think you didn't have it on the PR application so you decided to omit it from your citizenship application, then that is clearly misrepresentation since you are knowingly omitting information.
Well said