+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR

VelanS

Aug 12, 2020
Hello Velan, on 21st after Canada announced new rules of travel, I e-mailed CIC Etobicoke once again telling them that my COPR is valid but I don't have a valid visa and what should I do to get my passport stamped?
But it's been almost a week and I didn't get any reply from them.

So is your COPR valid too? And you don't have a valid visa at the moment?
Hi chjithu955, my work visa got expired so applied for extension 2 months ago, so far no action on that.
But on COPR, my understanding is, if our status reversed from PR to Foreign national,the existing COPR issued would be of no use and that’s where CIC Etobicoke mentioned in the email to contact them only after reaching Canada, so they can reissue COPR. Even we cannot apply for PRTD, if the status is reversed to Foreign National as of now.
Did you got any reply from them when you first emailed them around March 2021?

chjithu955

Feb 23, 2021
Yes, they replied me stating "You can't travel to Canada at the moment and contact us once you're able to travel to Canada"

But without any valid visa, can't travel at the moment. And I asked them what to do in my situation, but haven't heard from them since. This is all confusing and frustrating.

VelanS

Aug 12, 2020
Yes, they replied me stating "You can't travel to Canada at the moment and contact us once you're able to travel to Canada"

But without any valid visa, can't travel at the moment. And I asked them what to do in my situation, but haven't heard from them since. This is all confusing and frustrating.
Ok got it. May be if Canada open for travellers, we need to explore about getting visitor visa to obtain PR status back if we cant able to travel with work visa

chjithu955

Feb 23, 2021
Applying for visitor visa is an option too. I thought of just waiting for a reply from CIC Etobicoke and take some kind of step.

Jashandeep81

Jul 8, 2021
Hello,
I also got this same email today, my consultant advised my that they will cancel this copr and issue you new one from delhi office or which ever country you are in, only then we could get PPR request, there is nothing to worry other than time frame

Ochenta8

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
15 -July-2020
Med's Done....
20-Sept-2020
Same situation here. But I got my work permit reversed and I came to canada one week ago. My work permit expires next month, I have sent 3 email to etobicoke office and still waiting for a respond.

I’m afraid that my work permit expire before they issue a new Copr document.

if someone can help, how long it takes for them to issue a new copr? Or at least response the email?

techflyer

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
I will be in a similar situation very soon. I am in India with expired TRV (but valid work permit). I will be applying to renew my TRV as returning worker. My PR application is at the last stages of processing. How can I inform CIC that I am stuck in India and applying for TRV to return back and how would that impact my PR application? I applied under Quebec Skilled Worker program.