+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR

Vaibhav25

Mar 5, 2021
You can travel on your work visa.. they reversed your copr you are now a foriegn national.
Once you reach canada ... just inform them they will issue you a new copr.

You can travel on your work visa
thanks a lot for sharing it. One query.. how much they took for giving new COPR?

rajpotula

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2020
Hey all,

I am not currently in your situation yet, but will be soon :) I have a medical situation with my parents in India and will have to travel there in Mid-April. I am currently in Vancouver, awaiting COPR as everything else is done (AOR August 2020), and my work permit expires on 7th April. I emailed CIC about the work permit expiry, asking if I should renew my work permit or wait for COPR. They replied back saying they are trying their very best to speed things up but I should go ahead and apply for Bridging open work permit (BOWP) before the current permit expires. I am waiting till the coming Monday to see if anything changes, or else will be applying for BOWP. Hopefully, they will let me back in when I travel back to Canada in June.

kyleliki

Mar 15, 2021
My case was same like u but i was having valid work visa so i came back and they issued me copr again

and they reply in 2 days try it
How long had you wait for new COPR after you entered Canada? My situation is same as yours, and I have waited over 3 weeks and have not get any update.

VelanS

Aug 12, 2020
My case was same like u but i was having valid work visa so i came back and they issued me copr again

Hi, Please let me know how long they took to reissue COPR after entering Canada. I have my Work permit valid but TRV expired, thinking of extending the TRV.

SaurabhVartak

Apr 28, 2021
Hello everyone,

I recieved my COPR last week, but I'm currently in India. It was stated in the COPR document that if I'm not in Canada then I have to contact at the mentioned IRCC office e-mail address.

So I did accordingly, and they sent me a reply stating that they are reversing my status to foreign national from permanent resident. And I have to contact them once I get back to Canada.

Questions:

1. What does it mean when they said my status is being reversed. Does it affect my COPR?

2. How can I travel to Canada just with a COPR?

Any help would be great!! Thanks in advance everyone.
When did you receive your AOR ?

Ok-News-193

May 24, 2021

Hi Arshdeepsingh000, I am in a similar situation here. I applied for PR under CEC, but I am worried that if they issue me a COPR while I'm not in Canada, will they let me into Canada? My work permit and TRV are valid until September 2022, however I heard that they cancel your TRV and WP once your PR is approved and COPR is issued. If they reverse my COPR, will I lose my status in Canada? Furthermore, do they reissue you a COPR for sure when you arrive into Canada on your TRV?

Thank you so much. Any insights from anyone will be appreciated.

VelanS

Aug 12, 2020
I actually e-mailed them about my situation but didn't get any response and it's been over a week now.
Hi, did you got any reply from CIC Etobicoke. I am exactly in same situation now. So want to know what they replied.
I have no visa to travel back as it got expired.

chjithu955

Feb 23, 2021
Hello Velan, on 21st after Canada announced new rules of travel, I e-mailed CIC Etobicoke once again telling them that my COPR is valid but I don't have a valid visa and what should I do to get my passport stamped?
But it's been almost a week and I didn't get any reply from them.

So is your COPR valid too? And you don't have a valid visa at the moment?