+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR

chjithu955

Feb 23, 2021
Hello everyone,

I recieved my COPR last week, but I'm currently in India. It was stated in the COPR document that if I'm not in Canada then I have to contact at the mentioned IRCC office e-mail address.

So I did accordingly, and they sent me a reply stating that they are reversing my status to foreign national from permanent resident. And I have to contact them once I get back to Canada.

Questions:

1. What does it mean when they said my status is being reversed. Does it affect my COPR?

2. How can I travel to Canada just with a COPR?

Any help would be great!! Thanks in advance everyone.

sandhu_heera_preet

Star Member
Jul 30, 2016
it will not affect your application it’s approved but You are still not permanent resident yet until you enter Canada.
You cannot travel with this COPR

chjithu955

Feb 23, 2021
it will not affect your application it’s approved but You are still not permanent resident yet until you enter Canada.
You cannot travel with this COPR
Okay, understood. I read that all foreign nationals who got their COPR after March 18, 2020 cannot travel to Canada at the moment.
So what do I do? Just keep waiting?

chjithu955

Feb 23, 2021
I was in Canada when I applied for my PR, but at the moment I'm in India and my permit got expired. So no valid permit at the moment.

chjithu955

Feb 23, 2021
I was told by someone that I should ask the immigration department for an overseas passport stamping request.

But I'm waiting for some concrete information on this before taking any action.

Reactions: afyonluyag
Dec 11, 2020
Hello everyone,

I recieved my COPR last week, but I'm currently in India. It was stated in the COPR document that if I'm not in Canada then I have to contact at the mentioned IRCC office e-mail address.

So I did accordingly, and they sent me a reply stating that they are reversing my status to foreign national from permanent resident. And I have to contact them once I get back to Canada.

Questions:

1. What does it mean when they said my status is being reversed. Does it affect my COPR?

2. How can I travel to Canada just with a COPR?

Any help would be great!! Thanks in advance everyone.
You can travel on your work visa.. they reversed your copr you are now a foriegn national.
Once you reach canada ... just inform them they will issue you a new copr.

You can travel on your work visa

chjithu955

Feb 23, 2021
I was intending to do so. But I needed someone to actually confirm this.
Now will this affect my COPR in any sense?