+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR

Lillibet

Feb 20, 2018
Hi all,
Apologies if this is a silly question but I’ve had my COPR email this morning and being from the UK I don’t need to submit my passport just a photocopy and photos. The email at the end says expect to be without your passport for 4 weeks so not to book any travel. I have a holiday booked for 2 weeks time but if I’m not send my passports to the embassy am I still okay to travel or does it mean you shouldn’t travel and use your passport? I could just wait till I come home but I will be very close to the 30 day cut off, but I don’t want to send the pictures and then be in trouble for travelling if you see what I mean.

Can anyone advise?
Thanks

Reactions: prasenjit1986

prasenjit1986

Star Member
Jul 16, 2016
Hi all,
Apologies if this is a silly question but I’ve had my COPR email this morning and being from the UK I don’t need to submit my passport just a photocopy and photos. The email at the end says expect to be without your passport for 4 weeks so not to book any travel. I have a holiday booked for 2 weeks time but if I’m not send my passports to the embassy am I still okay to travel or does it mean you shouldn’t travel and use your passport? I could just wait till I come home but I will be very close to the 30 day cut off, but I don’t want to send the pictures and then be in trouble for travelling if you see what I mean.

Can anyone advise?
Thanks
That's a generic statement - applicable to folks who would have to submit their passports. In case of a UK passport, you don't need to submit your passport so you can continue on with your vacation plans. Hope this helps.