+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CoPR want to do Flag Poling

Mia.Ho

Jan 11, 2019
Hi All,
I received my CoPR on Mar 17. CEC inland, reside at BC. Due to the current situation, I just wonder if I can still drive down to the border and do a flag pole? have anyone done it during this period of time? or know the contact number of CBSA so I can phone?

Thank you,

TE5

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
13-07-2019
Passport Req..
03-03-2020
LANDED..........
16-June-2020
Hi All,
I received my CoPR on Mar 17. CEC inland, reside at BC. Due to the current situation, I just wonder if I can still drive down to the border and do a flag pole? have anyone done it during this period of time? or know the contact number of CBSA so I can phone?

Thank you,
Why can't you schedule an appointment at service Canada? I'm anticipating my copr and just wondering... also when did they send the copr to you? I'm still waiting on my worrying my passport is stuck in Ottawa

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Why can't you schedule an appointment at service Canada? I'm anticipating my copr and just wondering... also when did they send the copr to you? I'm still waiting on my worrying my passport is stuck in Ottawa
All in-person appointments are cancelled. I guess they will call and do it over telephone.
When was your passport delivered to Ottawa?

kangk

Mar 19, 2020
I wasted time before the travel ban to do flagpole. My COPR expire on May 22. I called IRCC on March 02 to book for landing appointment in Ottawa and have been waiting for an appointment. I didn't expect the situation would be such terrible. I was told it would took 2-4 weeks to book. I don't know how efficient the landing office will do telephone landing, and if they will work when outbreak becomes worse.

According to this statement by government https://orders-in-council.canada.ca/attachment.php?attach=38952&lang=en , foreign people stay in Canada and USA for 14 days should be able to enter Canada.

I would wait to see if CBSA allows PR flagpole in the future.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
I wasted time before the travel ban to do flagpole. My COPR expire on May 22. I called IRCC on March 02 to book for landing appointment in Ottawa and have been waiting for an appointment. I didn't expect the situation would be such terrible. I was told it would took 2-4 weeks to book. I don't know how efficient the landing office will do telephone landing, and if they will work when outbreak becomes worse.

According to this statement by government https://orders-in-council.canada.ca/attachment.php?attach=38952&lang=en , foreign people stay in Canada and USA for 14 days should be able to enter Canada.

I would wait to see if CBSA allows PR flagpole in the future.
Interesting read. Ban is until 30 June. Wasn't aware of it.

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Hi All,

Thank you,
No

you can't enter Canada if you are not citizen/PR...CoPR is not PR yet

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,

Thank you,
No - don't. You won't get back in based on the border restrictions now in place.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi All,

Thank you,
CBSA has suggested not to travel to border for Flagpoling.

Travel for the purpose of obtaining immigration services is non-essential. If you are in Canada, and are seeking to travel to the border in order to make an application for a work permit, study permit or permanent residence, you are asked to consider federal and provincial guidelines for self-isolation and social distancing. Do not travel to the border for these services until further notice. If you are currently in Canada as a visitor, student or worker, you can apply online to IRCC to extend your temporary resident status. By doing so, you can continue to stay, study or work in Canada while your application is being processed. This is referred to as implied status, and as long as you apply before your current document expires, your current immigration authorizations and conditions remain unchanged. In-Canada services are available through Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/noncan-eng.html

TE5

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
13-07-2019
Passport Req..
03-03-2020
LANDED..........
16-June-2020
All in-person appointments are cancelled. I guess they will call and do it over telephone.
When was your passport delivered to Ottawa?
My passport was delivered to CPC on March 11 and no news