+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CoPR visa expiry date ?

Hodanagah

Mar 29, 2018
You didn’t need a US visa. Too late at this point. Would encourage you to send a webform asking for an extension.
I don't? Don't you enter the US and come back in? I already sent a webform and emailed them. Heard nothing back. Would really love to get my PR done before expiry because I feel if it's expired it will be complicated to get the whole thing sorted for another landing.
Any advise other than fill a web form?
Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I don't? Don't you enter the US and come back in? I already sent a webform and emailed them. Heard nothing back. Would really love to get my PR done before expiry because I feel if it's expired it will be complicated to get the whole thing sorted for another landing.
Any advise other than fill a web form?
Thanks
It will take quite a while to get a response about the possibility of an extension. There aren’t really any other options except the ones you have identified.

nagarajsarath6

Jan 1, 2019
@canuck78 IDK if my situation is similar to others. I received my passport from Ottawa VO today. And, the CoPR has an expired date of 17th April 2020.
I wondered if there was any shipping delay and checked UPS shipping history. But, the label was only created on 1st of May.
Also, my application was only approved on 28th of April 2020, which is way past 17th of April 2020.
Finally, I raised a web form regarding my situation and putting it out to here from fellow applicants.
Could anyone share any news on this? Thanks.
Note: Out land applicant(US)

Jackworm

Jan 9, 2021
Okay maybe 8m just a bit of an idiot but I have been stressing over this since I got my CoPR .

In the personal details it says the expiration date is 2029/07/18

In the application details it says its valid till 2019/03/30

Same goes for the valid to date on the medical details.

So my question is when do I have to land before my CoPR os no longer valid? 2029/07/18 or 2029/03/30? If the personal and medical ate no longer valid do I just need to redo them or do I have to start all over again? Please help ive been losing sleep over this.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Okay maybe 8m just a bit of an idiot but I have been stressing over this since I got my CoPR .

In the personal details it says the expiration date is 2029/07/18

In the application details it says its valid till 2019/03/30

Same goes for the valid to date on the medical details.

So my question is when do I have to land before my CoPR os no longer valid? 2029/07/18 or 2029/03/30? If the personal and medical ate no longer valid do I just need to redo them or do I have to start all over again? Please help ive been losing sleep over this.
In no circumstances is your COPR valid until 2029.

I assume you did your biometrics in July 2019 which is what expires in 2029.

Jackworm

Jan 9, 2021
No on the biometrics sections it says it expires on 2021/03/30
application details 2021/03/30
and personal details 2029/06/18

This is me writing off from the COPR with it sitting right next too me.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
2021 sorry
If your COPR says it is only valid until 2021/03/30, it is no longer valid.

If you still wish to travel and land, you will need to contact IRCC. They may or may not require additional medical examination, etc. Note that IRCC has been making arrangements to 'extend' (despite the language that says the date is final) due to covid - but they may not actually do so while the covid restrictions are in place, unless you qualify for an exemption under the covid travel restrictions (such as spouse living in Canada).

BUT: the issue is who can travel to Canada and land, even with a COPR. The COPR itself is not an exemption from the covid travel restrictions.

I don't know what they're doing for those who do not qualify under any of the travel exemptions - you had best post in and ask the question in the relevant forum for the program under which you were accepted as a PR-candidate (eg express entry or other). My understanding is that right now the answer is mostly "you wait."

I'm thoroughly confused by the various dates you've written though, so perhaps I've missed something.

Reactions: YVR123