+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CoPR Validity and Extension

sreeraj115@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2015
Guys,
I am at post-AOR phase of my application (FSWO) and is expecting PPR within a couple of months (if everything goes right), considering the current pace of processing by CIC. As you know, the CoPR will be valid until our date of completion of medical exam.
Is there any way to extend CoPR validity for few months? An agent I once spoke to told me that it can be extended by undergoing medical test again and submitting it to CIC. Once it is cleared by CIC, CoPR will be valid until the new medical test results expires i.e 1 year (May be new CoPR will be provided). How true is his statement?
I need to know this because I have 1 month notice period with my present employer and will have to refrain from undertaking new responsibilities if my travelling date cannot be extended.

Thanks in advance
Raj

johnmunch

Nov 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,
I am at post-AOR phase of my application (FSWO) and is expecting PPR within a couple of months (if everything goes right), considering the current pace of processing by CIC. As you know, the CoPR will be valid until our date of completion of medical exam.
Is there any way to extend CoPR validity for few months? An agent I once spoke to told me that it can be extended by undergoing medical test again and submitting it to CIC. Once it is cleared by CIC, CoPR will be valid until the new medical test results expires i.e 1 year (May be new CoPR will be provided). How true is his statement?
I need to know this because I have 1 month notice period with my present employer and will have to refrain from undertaking new responsibilities if my travelling date cannot be extended.

Thanks in advance
Raj
Up

lakers17

Jul 20, 2017
i know this is an old thread. But does anyone have additional information on COPR extension or has anyone been successful ? I am in US and not advised to leave country due to US VISA processing till Oct. My COPR expiry is August and I plan to move sometime next year

nawazsk

Feb 9, 2015
COPR will not be extended ,if not travelled before the date of last entry .Again you need to start from zero ..means freshly .okay

lakers17

Jul 20, 2017
Thanks for the reply. Is it your personal experience ? Or do you know anyone who has tried. What I am looking for is not speculation but actual experiences if any.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for the reply. Is it your personal experience ? Or do you know anyone who has tried. What I am looking for is not speculation but actual experiences if any.
Your COPR will not be extended. The only cases where people have been successful in getting extensions were when there were serious medical situations and in a few cases, pregnancy.