Aug 23, 2019
Germany
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
22-12-2019
Med's Done....
13-01-2020
You can’t travel on your COPR unless it was issued prior to March 18 even with having extended family in Canada. You need a visitor visa.
You cannot have 2 visas stamped on your passport for Canada.

Reactions: Rehab

Djsingh44

Star Member
Aug 23, 2019
Germany
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
22-12-2019
Med's Done....
13-01-2020
Right so you can’t travel on your COPR. Only immediate family members can.
But the site says immediate family members are exempt from restrictions and extended family members can travel with an Authorization letter. So confusing

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
But the site says immediate family members are exempt from restrictions and extended family members can travel with an Authorization letter. So confusing
Yeah, this case falls a bit between the definitions they are using (i.e. the extended family exemption/authorisation process seems to have been thought up for visitor visa cases).

My suggestion for the poster with COPR/copr-visa would be to apply for an authorisation letter using the existing copr/visa on the basis of the extended family exemption. Don't know if they will do that, but worth a try.

(That said trying to do these things over webform is annoying, the categories the web form puts are not at all clear)

_Hotshot

Aug 22, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-11-2019
Med's Done....
29-12-2019
My mother is in Canada as a PR. So i think i am an extended family member being a non-dependent child. When i raised webform along with Imm06 statutory declaration form, the reply came after 12 days that they cannot find enough evidence of being an extended family member. Strange. I have added all the documents like my passport with my mom's name on it, my mom's passport her PR card other docs. Not sure what more they are expecting.
Ok so they did NOT say COPR holders are not eligible for this exception. All they said was they are not convinced with the relationship proof. Which looks odd with the documented proof mentioned. hmmm

Koopidz

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
28-08-2019
Nomination.....
16-11-2019
AOR Received.
28-09-2019
Med's Done....
10-02-2020
Passport Req..
26-11-2020
VISA ISSUED...
O6-01-2021
I have copr and pr travel visa. Not visitor visa
A visa is a Visa... PRV or Visitors visa. The travel restrictions are not only for CoPR holders. Right now one can't travel to Canada for holidays even with the visitor's Visa except you are exempt from travel restrictions. Besides I know of 2 families that got their CoPR and PRV in August and the other in November that travelled in December and January and were not asked for authorization, Just asked for negative Covid test, ArriveCAN, Proof of quarantine plan, passport, CoPR..... That being said it's risky to travel now because you "might' be turned back. No guarantees.

asdq45

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
Ok so they did NOT say COPR holders are not eligible for this exception. All they said was they are not convinced with the relationship proof. Which looks odd with the documented proof mentioned. hmmm
All the better. Prove that string of extended family is benefited. reapply.

wishfullman

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Hi
I sponsored my wife and she got copr 4 months ago (oct 2020).
I went to visit back home and now i will return to canada with my wife.

Can my wife enter canada or do the travel restrictions prohibit her?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi
I sponsored my wife and she got copr 4 months ago (oct 2020).
I went to visit back home and now i will return to canada with my wife.

Can my wife enter canada or do the travel restrictions prohibit her?
Travel restrictions do not prohibit her entry - exempted under family reunification.

Note, however, the new measures on obligatory quarantine in specific facilities at own expense - details not yet published.

Reactions: wishfullman