+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CoPR Timeline help

TravisM

Star Member
Nov 20, 2022
my fiancee's app shows all steps completed and a COPR number was generated. Here's my time line

April 28th: COPR in tracker

May 30th: Called IRCC after a month of nothing, IRCC agent just told us to keep waiting

June 3rd: Forcibly emailed the landing team following direction from a fellow forum member

June 5th: Portal invite, declared presence and uploaded photo, ECOPR still not available.

June 19th: Called IRCC again, agent confirms everything within app is completed, mentioned we should've
received COPR over a month earlier, sends an email marked urgent to Mississauga VO. Was told to call at the end of the week if nothing is received

June 23rd : Called IRCC again as nothing is received, agent confirms again everything is marked as completed, mentioning again that it's strange we don't have our documents yet, as if someone in VO forgot to progress the application after finishing it.

June 26th: No updates, emailed local MP, MP confirms they made an appointment with VO regarding my app for early next week.

June 29th: MP replies, notes that IRCC mentioned "Outstanding balance on the file" (First time this has ever been mentioned). Checking on our receipts and the fees page listed, all payments have been made. Made a call to IRCC requesting a call back does not seem we will get a call back before they close today.

June 30th: Called IRCC, they mentioned the outstanding balance was an 85$ biometrics fee, getting this looked into promptly and will update further. Biometrics was sent out and paid in biometric office a while ago, and this fee was never mentioned prior so not sure. (We had to call 4 times, and they gave no straight answers on the fee, 2 agents said there was nothing owing, one agent mentioned PR fee, and one spent nearly 40 minutes digging and confirmed it was an 80$ balance, however had no insight as to what it was for)

July 7 - Contacted MP again, no letter received for the aforementioned fee yet. MP requests copy of the receipt and confirmed an appointment for following week with IRCC

July 10 - MP Contacted me again, confirmed his contact in IRCC has verified the payment; as well as confirmed that my fiancee is officially approved and there is no work left to be done on the file. No ETA on CoPR or anything was given.

There has been no tracker update to "Final decision" CoPR still not issued etc, has anyone has this and can provide a timeline as to how much longer this will take? If the local MP confirms the file is accepted and approved, and has been for months now, why are we still waiting for it to update.

JasonReyes

Jun 19, 2023
Hello people.

So, my ECAS shows that a decision has already been made, but when I login to my IRCC account and check my permanent residence application, it says that a decision has not been made, so I don't know what's going on here.

Can someone explain?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello people.

So, my ECAS shows that a decision has already been made, but when I login to my IRCC account and check my permanent residence application, it says that a decision has not been made, so I don't know what's going on here.

Can someone explain?
The systems are not fully integrated, don't show the exact same info, and where they do (in theory), there can be delays because running on different systems. In other words: doesn't change anything, you still have to wait for next steps, but also nothing to worry about.

JasonReyes

Jun 19, 2023
The systems are not fully integrated, don't show the exact same info, and where they do (in theory), there can be delays because running on different systems. In other words: doesn't change anything, you still have to wait for next steps, but also nothing to worry about.
I understand that part but why haven’t l got my PR approval letter? It’s shows decision made since 4-5 days ago but l didn’t get PR approval letter.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I understand that part but why haven’t l got my PR approval letter? It’s shows decision made since 4-5 days ago but l didn’t get PR approval letter.
That's a different question that you did not ask.

Passport request can come shortly after decision made, or it can take some or (less frequently) more weeks. Almost nothing at IRCC takes just a few days - reset your expectations.

So far all normal. Anyone telling you they know or are certain it will come in a precise time period is making shit up.

That said: decision made is positive. It is a step forward (99% of the time). One step at a time.

JasonReyes

Jun 19, 2023
That's a different question that you did not ask.

Passport request can come shortly after decision made, or it can take some or (less frequently) more weeks. Almost nothing at IRCC takes just a few days - reset your expectations.

So far all normal. Anyone telling you they know or are certain it will come in a precise time period is making shit up.

That said: decision made is positive. It is a step forward (99% of the time). One step at a time.
They won’t ask for my passport as I’m already in Canada and I’ve been here for 5 years straight.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
They won’t ask for my passport as I’m already in Canada and I’ve been here for 5 years straight.
Then I have even less visibility or idea about how long the delays may be - but it's also not automatic.

Still tend to refer to this step as ppr although yes, not actually an accurate term now for inland apps.

JasonReyes

Jun 19, 2023
Then I have even less visibility or idea about how long the delays may be - but it's also not automatic.

Still tend to refer to this step as ppr although yes, not actually an accurate term now for inland apps.
Yeah, I applied for PR under the protected person class. It’s been about 5 days now since l saw decision made on ECAS and no any other updates yet. I’m just wondering if they would send the PR approval letter on the mail to my address it by email.

JasonReyes

Jun 19, 2023
Does anyone know how long it takes for the IRCC account to update after a decision is made on ECAS? I am an inland applicant under the protected person class. If anyone has experience, please reply to my post. Thanks.