+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR rules?

pj18

Oct 4, 2021
I have applied for my PR and waiting for my COPR. I am indeed going to India and in december, i have my valid workpermit and TRV for that. If I go to India and get my copr, can I return to canda based on work permit or based on copr. please advise

cck1986

May 8, 2020
I have applied for my PR and waiting for my COPR. I am indeed going to India and in december, i have my valid workpermit and TRV for that. If I go to India and get my copr, can I return to canda based on work permit or based on copr. please advise
If you applied as inland then they will send you mail to confirm if you are in Canada once they finalize all to send a link to Pr portal to declare I presence in Canada and upload photos. During that time, if you declare you are not in Canada, then they will keep your application on hold and will ask you to declare once you reach Canada. In this case no issues you can travel.
Second scenario, for few instead of portal mail, they are getting CoPR directly and if you get like this , once CoPR is issued, then all your existing visas are void and hence you cannot travel on existing visa. You need a prtd in this case.
Hope it helps

pj18

Oct 4, 2021
OKay great, are we for sure about this information?
When I say that I am not in Canada, do they cancel the work permit?

Nav Reet

Jul 30, 2016
If you applied as inland then they will send you mail to confirm if you are in Canada once they finalize all to send a link to Pr portal to declare I presence in Canada and upload photos. During that time, if you declare you are not in Canada, then they will keep your application on hold and will ask you to declare once you reach Canada. In this case no issues you can travel.
Second scenario, for few instead of portal mail, they are getting CoPR directly and if you get like this , once CoPR is issued, then all your existing visas are void and hence you cannot travel on existing visa. You need a prtd in this case.
Hope it helps
I am waiting for ECOPR. My VO is Etobicoke . I got my portal confirmation on Sep9 and have updated address and photo on same day. They ask for update of address on Sep13 and I did on same day. Waiting since than for ECOPR. Called IRCC they refused to provide any information and said they are just taking Priority calls for Afghanistan. Can you advise what should I do