+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR requested to present at the ceremony

Evski

Jan 19, 2016
Hi Everyone,

Just received an oath invite. The letter states to bring COPR to the ceremony along with the PR card. The problem is when i crossed the border (by air) the agent stamped the copy and didnt give me back the stamped COPR.
Will they ask me at the ceremony for COPR? When i had an interview with the lady - after the test, i explained it to her and she said ok.
I also know another person who crossed the border by air and the agent took his COPR too.

Please let me know your thoughts.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi Everyone,

Just received an oath invite. The letter states to bring COPR to the ceremony along with the PR card. The problem is when i crossed the border (by air) the agent stamped the copy and didnt give me back the stamped COPR.
Will they ask me at the ceremony for COPR? When i had an interview with the lady - after the test, i explained it to her and she said ok.
I also know another person who crossed the border by air and the agent took his COPR too.

Please let me know your thoughts.
The COPR is not normally required for the Oath. I don't know why they ask for it but then I'm not IRCC.
CBSA should NOT have kept the client copy of the COPR, as you will need that later in life.
You will need to order a "Verification of Status" to replace it. (see IRCC’s website)