+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CoPR received recently, when do I get my PR card?

Farzad84

Jan 4, 2020
Not yet. Looks like they take upto 4 months to issue card.
When did you submit the photos?
4 months for issuing the cards!!! I sent them last Monday, Feb. 2nd. Did you call them to follow up?
I have an emergency travelling and I couldn't wait for 4 months!

dwarasala

Jul 2, 2020
My timeline:
- e-APR AOR, Dec 4
- Medical Approved Dec 20
- Application approved, and received an electronic CoPR May 27

The letter I received, asks that I send a photo along with the letter to IRCC office in Edmonton so they issue a card. Apparently, no need for landing, or flag pole. Has anyone else had the same experience? I sent the documents today, anyone has any estimation of how long does it take them to send me my card?

Letter is attached below for reference

Date: May 27, 2020
UCI: XXX...
CoPR Document #: XXX...

Name
Address

Dear NAME, I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada! This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card. This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. If your address has changed, please provide us with your current address. We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the Government of Canada’s order to stay home during the COVID-19 situation. Please send this photo to us when it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime, this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or a federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this one-year period. We are making every effort to produce and mail your permanent resident card, but there will be delays as our offices are either closed or working at minimum capacity. Issuance of permanent resident cards should gradually resume as COVID-19 related restrictions are eased. If you leave Canada without a permanent resident card, you will have to apply for a permanent resident travel document through a visa office. Otherwise, you will not be able to board a commercial vehicle (plane, train, bus or boat) to come back to Canada. Please visit our website for more information. The UCI in the upper left corner of this letter is your personal identification number and it provides access to information on your IRCC file. For your own protection, do not allow any other person to use this number. Sincerely, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Hi, What documents you sent to get PR card? is it COPR letter and 1 photo? That's all required?
Did you sent the mail to address mentioned in COPR doc? OR some other address?
I have dependents (already in canada). Can i send all the documents in one mail?

danlb34

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
can someone plz tell how to renew sin and health card using copr ?
- For Sin Number you can apply online and upload a photocopy or pdf of the Copr letter/email:
https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/sin/apply.html#online

- For Health Card, it depends of your province but usually you would be able to apply online or sent then an email to have a new health card (again you would forward a photocopy/pdf of your Copr to proceed with the application). It seems you're from Ontario, right? If yes you would find information in this link : https://www.ontario.ca/page/health-cards

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
Hi, I received similar COPR letter on June 11 2020(CEC Inland) when I was in Canada.Immediately, I applied PR card as well. But, due to a personal emergency I came back to my home country. So, I don't have PR card in my hand to come back to Canada.

To come back Canada, is there any expiry date of COPR letter? What are the docs required to return ?
PR card Application is system generated you don't need to apply. Did your COPR letter ask you to physically send photos along with the copy of COPR, or were you provided with online PR portal credentials?

rSasidhar89

Apr 13, 2021
Hello ,

I have received CoPR on July 22nd. But There is a Mistake it in the Place of birth- last letter is missing. Is it going to be issue? i have replied them with correct details. How long will it take to get those details corrected? And when will i get PR card?

Also in CoPR document they hav mentioned Expiry date as - 14th December 2021 - what does the mean?

ashish7398

Apr 18, 2019
Hello ,

I have received CoPR on July 22nd. But There is a Mistake it in the Place of birth- last letter is missing. Is it going to be issue? i have replied them with correct details. How long will it take to get those details corrected? And when will i get PR card?

Also in CoPR document they hav mentioned Expiry date as - 14th December 2021 - what does the mean?
That is not a mistake. It is truncated due to more character in the place of birth name. Usually they remove anything more than 12 characters to fit in the place. Count if you have 12 characters present in your copr for place of birth

Aug 1, 2021
India
Category........
STUDY

Ezhilsdb4u

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Hi all,

I called IRCC and get to know that all my PR stages got approved. I may receive COPR anytime. I'm an Inland CEC applicant. Unfortunately my wife went to India for an emergency trip. She is holding visitor visa. If i get COPR now, Can my wife still come to Canada in Visitor visa or her visa will be cancelled automatically?

rSasidhar89

Apr 13, 2021
That is not a mistake. It is truncated due to more character in the place of birth name. Usually they remove anything more than 12 characters to fit in the place. Count if you have 12 characters present in your copr for place of birth
Thanks Ashish. this helps. actual place of birth has 13 characters and only 12 characters got printed which exactly matched your explanation. thanks a lot.

aliacca

Jun 1, 2016
PR confirmation portal for my daughter shows green tick for In Canada Declaration and for Mailing Address. However, the photo status is still "In review with IRCC" while copy of eCOPR is attached in the portal. Can someone has an idea how much time it will take further to approve the photo and get the PR card.

Jeetnaaz

Star Member
Feb 26, 2021
Hi everyone
Finally got our pr cards in mail today . Thanks everyone for your support in this journey .
funny thing is my address and photo is still in review

Reactions: Mark222

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
My timeline:
- e-APR AOR, Dec 4
- Medical Approved Dec 20
- Application approved, and received an electronic CoPR May 27

The letter I received, asks that I send a photo along with the letter to IRCC office in Edmonton so they issue a card. Apparently, no need for landing, or flag pole. Has anyone else had the same experience? I sent the documents today, anyone has any estimation of how long does it take them to send me my card?

Letter is attached below for reference

Date: May 27, 2020
UCI: XXX...
CoPR Document #: XXX...

Name
Address

Dear NAME, I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada! This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card. This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. If your address has changed, please provide us with your current address. We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the Government of Canada’s order to stay home during the COVID-19 situation. Please send this photo to us when it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime, this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or a federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this one-year period. We are making every effort to produce and mail your permanent resident card, but there will be delays as our offices are either closed or working at minimum capacity. Issuance of permanent resident cards should gradually resume as COVID-19 related restrictions are eased. If you leave Canada without a permanent resident card, you will have to apply for a permanent resident travel document through a visa office. Otherwise, you will not be able to board a commercial vehicle (plane, train, bus or boat) to come back to Canada. Please visit our website for more information. The UCI in the upper left corner of this letter is your personal identification number and it provides access to information on your IRCC file. For your own protection, do not allow any other person to use this number. Sincerely, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
For my son it took nearly 5 months for Vancouver VO to review,approve and mail his PR card.