+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR Received - Process for Getting SIN at Service Canada??

KadirAyubi

Oct 9, 2019
Hello Everyone,

We have recently received our COPRs (myself and my family) under the CEC Category and need to apply for our permanent SINs.

While I understand there is an Online Process to get the SIN, I wanted to check if we can visit a nearby Service Canada (read Ottawa) and apply for the SIN? are Service Canada Centers accepting such applications? or are they still not accepting it due to the COVID restrictions?

Can someone please advise?

Thanks,

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Hello Everyone,

We have recently received our COPRs (myself and my family) under the CEC Category and need to apply for our permanent SINs.

While I understand there is an Online Process to get the SIN, I wanted to check if we can visit a nearby Service Canada (read Ottawa) and apply for the SIN? are Service Canada Centers accepting such applications? or are they still not accepting it due to the COVID restrictions?

Can someone please advise?

Thanks,
Apply online - https://sin-nas.canada.ca/en/Sin/

Reactions: KadirAyubi

KadirAyubi

Oct 9, 2019
Hello,

Just an update, I went to a nearby Service Canada today and got the new Permanent SIN in 10 minutes.

For anyone who needs to apply for a SIN, please try visiting a Service Canada Center near you, they're accepting applications (till the time there is second wave lockdown planned)

Thanks

tigranh

Jan 15, 2020
Hello,

Just an update, I went to a nearby Service Canada today and got the new Permanent SIN in 10 minutes.

For anyone who needs to apply for a SIN, please try visiting a Service Canada Center near you, they're accepting applications (till the time there is second wave lockdown planned)

Thanks
I am in same position, where are you located?

Ajnim

Oct 18, 2018
Hello,

Thanks
Hi..what did you bring with ypu to renew your SIN, just COPR letter?

KadirAyubi

Oct 9, 2019
Hi..what did you bring with ypu to renew your SIN, just COPR letter?
They will ask only for the CoPR and Passport. But as a precaution I took the below documents with me

Individual
  1. CoPR
  2. Own Passport
  3. Existing SIN Number (My temporary SIN issued for Work Permit)
  4. Driver's Licence (in case they ask for address proof)
For Family
  1. Wife's CoPR
  2. Wife's Passport
  3. Wife's Existing SIN Number (Issued for Open Work Permit)
  4. Wife's Driver's Licence
  5. Marriage Certificate
  6. Daughter's CoPR
  7. Daughter's Passport
  8. Daughter's Birth Certificate

As I stated, only the CoPR and Passport would work but I was being extra cautious and took the above documents

Hope this helps

Ajnim

Oct 18, 2018
They will ask only for the CoPR and Passport. But as a precaution I took the below documents with me

Individual
  1. CoPR
  2. Own Passport
  3. Existing SIN Number (My temporary SIN issued for Work Permit)
  4. Driver's Licence (in case they ask for address proof)
For Family
  1. Wife's CoPR
  2. Wife's Passport
  3. Wife's Existing SIN Number (Issued for Open Work Permit)
  4. Wife's Driver's Licence
  5. Marriage Certificate
  6. Daughter's CoPR
  7. Daughter's Passport
  8. Daughter's Birth Certificate

As I stated, only the CoPR and Passport would work but I was being extra cautious and took the above documents

Hope this helps
Ok great..thank you..