+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR received after March 18

leointheair

Sep 21, 2020
Hi everyone,

Like many other people, we are awaiting for border restrictions to be lifted for those who got COPR after March 18.
Just wondering if there is anyone who received after March 18, but travelled recently and crossed the border? I just read another post about a student who did it and curious about other cases.

Thank you,
Sona

May 17, 2019
Hi everyone,

Like many other people, we are awaiting for border restrictions to be lifted for those who got COPR after March 18.
Just wondering if there is anyone who received after March 18, but travelled recently and crossed the border? I just read another post about a student who did it and curious about other cases.

Thank you,
Sona
its because students are exempted from the restrictions.

leointheair

Sep 21, 2020
Awesome news ! Congratulations!

Can you tell us more if you don't mind ? :)
Hey. So I contacted IRCC multiple times after getting the COPR and visa in July, they responded with the standard email about March 18th, contacted again 3 times in Nov-Dec telling that my papers will expire in January and I’d like to come. But didn’t get any response. Then called the CBSA, some of the people I spoke to told it’s ok to come as long as we have valid papers, some of the officers told to wait. But we just bought the tickets and landed in Montreal, where we passed through all the immigration process, and then flew to Vancouver, just claimed the baggage, took the cab and came to the apartment we rented. We spent about 3hrs in Montreal on paperwork, so if you enter a city which is not your final destination and you have to travel to another citu straight away, make sure to have ~5hr waiting time

Reactions: Aravindan Ganesan

Wotsit

Dec 14, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
13-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-03-2020
Passport Req..
15-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2021
LANDED..........
03-12-2021
Hey. So I contacted IRCC multiple times after getting the COPR and visa in July, they responded with the standard email about March 18th, contacted again 3 times in Nov-Dec telling that my papers will expire in January and I’d like to come. But didn’t get any response. Then called the CBSA, some of the people I spoke to told it’s ok to come as long as we have valid papers, some of the officers told to wait. But we just bought the tickets and landed in Montreal, where we passed through all the immigration process, and then flew to Vancouver, just claimed the baggage, took the cab and came to the apartment we rented. We spent about 3hrs in Montreal on paperwork, so if you enter a city which is not your final destination and you have to travel to another citu straight away, make sure to have ~5hr waiting time
That's great news. Did they mention anything about your COPR issue date? Also just wondering which country you traveled from?

Mine expires in February and I'm considering taking the risk in a few weeks.

leointheair

Sep 21, 2020
That's great news. Did they mention anything about your COPR issue date? Also just wondering which country you traveled from?

Mine expires in February and I'm considering taking the risk in a few weeks.
No didn’t even ask about the date. From Armenia. The officer eas really friendly to us

Wotsit

Dec 14, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
13-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-03-2020
Passport Req..
15-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2021
LANDED..........
03-12-2021
No didn’t even ask about the date. From Armenia. The officer eas really friendly to us
That's amazing, happy for you. Did you have a quarantine plan?

Ann7676

Star Member
Aug 1, 2020
Congratulations!!! Thank you very much for this information!!! What airlines have you chosen?

Azoua

May 28, 2020
UAE
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
5th march 2020
Med's Done....
22feb2020
Thanks for sharing your experience.
But When you checked in in Doha using Air canada or Qatar Airways, I am sure they looked at your CoPR and they have seen that you are not supposed to travel. How did you managed and How this happened ?

leointheair

Sep 21, 2020
Thanks for sharing your experience.
But When you checked in in Doha using Air canada or Qatar Airways, I am sure they looked at your CoPR and they have seen that you are not supposed to travel. How did you managed and How this happened ?
Good question. Not sure how the system works, our boarding passes were for Qatar Airways, but we flew with Air Canada. When boarding from Doha to Montreal, we were separated from the queue and were asked to wait as they were checking our last flight, we waited for 30mins, then the guy at the desk called his supervisor who said we were ok to fly