+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR lost/misplaced before landing in canada...Urgent help!!

charveews

Jan 8, 2023
Hi guys, is there any definite approach here? My husband and I never received the CoPR!! We only got our passport stamped with the PR Visa. Unfortunately, the expiry date is Feb 8, 23.

Can someone please tell us if they can issue the CoPR at the POE?? Our tickets are booked for Jan 10, should we take the risk?

sergedest

Dec 9, 2022
We, my husband and myself, have booked our tickets to Canada for September 20th to do our first landing, but on checking the documents have realised that we have misplaced the COPR original document. But we do have the scanned copy with us. We have written multiple times to the UK office regarding this issue but no reply so far. Any suggestions on what should we do??? Cancel the tickets and wait till we hear from UK office?? Discuss the matter at POE and hope they will re-issue the document there?? Wuld really appreciate if someone should through some light on this issue. as we have just 1 week for departure. Thank-you.
unfortunately your only solution is to find your original COPR without it you will not be able to complete your landing.

charveews

Jan 8, 2023
unfortunately your only solution is to find your original COPR without it you will not be able to complete your landing.

My husband and I just completed our landing as PR in Calgary. We did not receive our CoPR in the mail with our passports and were extremely worried. But to our surprise, we didn't face any difficulty at all. We just told the CBSA officials that we didn't receive it in the mail & they printed it for us! We tried contacted IRCC through multiple ways, webforms, emails, calls but could never reach a physical person. So - we took this risk since we saw no other option (our PR visa was expiring on Feb 8)