+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR letter or Passport stamping..

starcatcher999

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Upon approval of your PR application I read that you need to send send your passport in for stamping. Where do you send it to exactly and how long is it gone for? Can you personally go to a Canadian Embassy and have it stamped at the time you are there or do you HAVE to mail it off?

Is it mandatory everyone needs to send their passport off for stamping? I read not everyone has to but not sure if this is true or why you would/wouldn't need to send it in?

What is the difference between the COPR letter and passport stamping? For example if you get the COPR do you still need to send the passport for stamping?

Please advise :)

Gini1484

Apr 25, 2017
If you need a visa to enter Canada, then you need to send your passport for visa stamping. If you can enter Canada without a visa (i.e. most European countries etc.), then you do not need to send your passport for visa stamping.

How long it takes to get your passport visa stamped, I do not know.

ladydook

May 17, 2016
Hi,

does anyone knows how long does it take for the CoPR letter to arrive upon approval for visa free applicants?

Please advice, thanks!

slw

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-17
AOR Received.
30-01-17
Med's Done....
27-02-17
Passport Req..
18-04-17
LANDED..........
28-04-17
if it is from ottawa then it is 7-10 days
there is a thread that you can join/read where you can see how long it is taking nowadays.