+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR Issued midst Travel Ban

Jay37

Aug 17, 2020
Hi guys!

I was recently issued my COPR on 22nd Sep 2020 with an expiration date in January 2021. However, I’m not exempted from travel restriction currently in place as I’m a foreign national and applied for outland FSW express entry. Although I still have some time before my COPR expires, I am afraid that travel restrictions can prevail and it’ll eventually expire.

I have two question:

What can be done if COPR expires and you are not able to land in Canada prior to that due to COVID-19 situation?

Is there a way I can apply for exemption from travel restrictions currently? I need to be there for my sister, so I was hoping to travel as soon as I got my COPR.

Kindly assist.
Thank you in advance.

User1220

Mar 17, 2020
Hi guys!

I was recently issued my COPR on 22nd Sep 2020 with an expiration date in January 2021. However, I’m not exempted from travel restriction currently in place as I’m a foreign national and applied for outland FSW express entry. Although I still have some time before my COPR expires, I am afraid that travel restrictions can prevail and it’ll eventually expire.

I have two question:

What can be done if COPR expires and you are not able to land in Canada prior to that due to COVID-19 situation?

Is there a way I can apply for exemption from travel restrictions currently? I need to be there for my sister, so I was hoping to travel as soon as I got my COPR.

Kindly assist.
Thank you in advance.
Can i know when did you submit your passport for vfs, i am waiting passports and copr also Fsw outland.

Jay37

Aug 17, 2020
Congratulations!! Can i know wich country please and also i understand that nothing is mentioned on COPR concerning travel restrictions?
Thank you so much! I reside in Pakistan. If you don’t mind me asking, when did you apply? My application took over a year due to the Covid. Also, which country?

The COPR has nothing but there was a separate letter in my envelope that stated that due to the travel ban, i’m not allowed to travel as yet. However, things might change in near future so I should keep an eye out for that.

I hope you hear the good news soon.

User1220

Mar 17, 2020
AOR: MARCH 17
PPR: SEP 11
I submitted my passport to vfs on SEP 14 but still waiting. Did your profile on cic account changed to approved on SEP 22?

Jay37

Aug 17, 2020
AOR: MARCH 17
PPR: SEP 11
I submitted my passport to vfs on SEP 14 but still waiting. Did your profile on cic account changed to approved on SEP 22?
Yes it did! Passports typically take about 15-30 days to be delivered. I don’t know how mine came so quick. It’ll arrive soon.

User1220

Mar 17, 2020
Yes it did! Passports typically take about 15-30 days to be delivered. I don’t know how mine came so quick. It’ll arrive soon.
Congratulations. Try to raise a webform saying that you are ready to travel and see what they will reply.

Mikem86

Star Member
Jul 10, 2018
Hi guys,

Can approved Permanent Residents who received their COPR after March 18 now travel to Canada? Any idea when are the restrictions going to be lifted?