+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR issued after March 2020

Sep 3, 2019
Hi, Happy New Year to everyone reading this! I am in a tricky situation with regards to my COPR. I was granted COPR in October 2019 and I got married in December 2019, which I duly intimated to IRCC and my spouse's application was put under processing. We recently received both our COPRs with the date of issue being December 24, 2020. Do i fall under the pre-March 2020 exempt category or the latter i.e. not exempt to travel?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Can you help with the source of this conclusion?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#:~:text=You are exempt from the,doesn't apply)
If we already approved your permanent resident application
If you’re outside Canada
Note: If your confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) is expired, follow these steps.

You won’t be allowed to enter Canada right now if you’re coming to validate your COPR and become a permanent resident, unless you are exempt from the travel restrictions.

You are exempt from the current travel restrictions and can come to Canada if you have a valid COPR, and

• the COPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020, or
  • the COPR was issued after March 18, 2020 and you are an immediate family member sponsored by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (note that grandparents are not considered immediate family members and cannot come to Canada at this time), or
  • you’re currently living in the U.S. and will be coming to Canada directly (transiting through the U.S. to Canada doesn’t apply)