+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR Issue - Urgent help needed

ShahA

Mar 30, 2022
Hi CEC Outland here .

Recently got my PPR and COPR with the wrong first entry date . Read different forums which stated it can be corrected at the port of entry while some stated I should get it corrected before landing . If I do opt for the second option it would delay things and hence wanted to check with CEC Outland does the first entry into Canada on the COPR entry makes a huge difference in any way .

Secondly does the original entry date and last entry date has any impact on the landing process and citizenship process down the lane .
I entered Canada first time as a student, however the date that mentioned is the first time I became a worker in Canada .

Please advice if I should ignore it for now and get it amended at the port of entry or get a new copr issued

Thankyou

ShahA

Mar 30, 2022
They mentioned the date I landed as a first time worker instead of first time student to Canada

ShahA

Mar 30, 2022
Does this have any impact on my landing and do I need to get this changed right away or is this more of a clerical error ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
They mentioned the date I landed as a first time worker instead of first time student to Canada
Does this have any impact on my landing and do I need to get this changed right away or is this more of a clerical error ?
I admit, I do not know - I can't think of a reason why this would matter offhand but our files were under different process (and no time in Canada before landing). Sorry can't help.