+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CoPR - Is PR status active before soft landing?

abinavs

Aug 26, 2023
My wife and I live in the US and can travel to Canada via land. My wife recently received her CoPR and needs to travel to Canada to complete the PR process. I am listed on her PR application as a non-accompanying spouse but I'd like to travel with her to help her get settled in and return back to the US.
I am filling out an application for a TRV where I am a bit confused about a question asking why I would like to visit Canada. There is an option that states "To visit my spouse/common-law partner/dependent child........... who is a Canadian Citizen/person registered under India Act or PR of Canada" which seems the most relevant to my situation.

How would I classify my wife's status? She is currently invited to enter Canada to start her PR status, so my understanding is that she is not yet a PR holder. So would selecting that be a misrepresentation of my intent to visit Canada?

Any help is appreciated.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My wife and I live in the US and can travel to Canada via land. My wife recently received her CoPR and needs to travel to Canada to complete the PR process. I am listed on her PR application as a non-accompanying spouse but I'd like to travel with her to help her get settled in and return back to the US.
I am filling out an application for a TRV where I am a bit confused about a question asking why I would like to visit Canada. There is an option that states "To visit my spouse/common-law partner/dependent child........... who is a Canadian Citizen/person registered under India Act or PR of Canada" which seems the most relevant to my situation.

How would I classify my wife's status? She is currently invited to enter Canada to start her PR status, so my understanding is that she is not yet a PR holder. So would selecting that be a misrepresentation of my intent to visit Canada?

Any help is appreciated.
This may help:
https://www.canadavisa.com/copr.html