+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CoPR Inland and Covid-19

hellboy1

May 21, 2020
Friends, question. If you can please help.

If your COPR expiry date is earlier than your expected physical PR card date - would you know what might happen in this case? I mean in CIC profile your COPR will be expired however PR card will not be processed. You might face case where you might need to travel outside w/o PR card in hand.
I don't understand how CoPR expiry date can impact PR card date.
You can only request PR card after your CoPR verified, and after you verified the CoPR expiry date will not matter anymore.

shireendeshmukh

Star Member
Jul 23, 2018
I don't understand how CoPR expiry date can impact PR card date.
You can only request PR card after your CoPR verified, and after you verified the CoPR expiry date will not matter anymore.
@hellboy1 - inland applicants, who had received COPR physical copy, never gotten chance to cross boarders and validate COPR as such. Rather they became PR and had to ship their COPR hard copy to IRCC. Now you can read my question once again and you will understand it more.

hellboy1

May 21, 2020
Bump this to get updates from any inland CoPR gets any update or get email validation.

I'm still waiting, and my CoPR expired already. Checking update through webform replied with the template email to wait.

Canada.ca website states:
"Due to COVID-19, we have a new process to confirm permanent resident status. We don’t need a CoPR for this new process if you are in Canada."

CelinaC

Sep 22, 2020
Hi all,
Let me share my experience of landing remotely.
I am an inland applicant and is currently reside in Edmonton, AB. I received my hard copy of CoPR in April. Due to Covid-19, we are not allowed to land at a port of entry or make a landing appointment at a local office.
I sent two web forms to IRCC to ask about the validation of my CoPR. The first time, I got a generic response to ask me to wait for new update. The second time, they have forwarded my case to the responsible office but still haven't gotten any other responses.
***Since my CoPR will be expired on Sep 25. On Sep 17, I sent an email with a digital copy of my CoPR to the Edmonton office and told them my CoPR is going to expire soon. I got a response from the Edmonton office on Sep 21 saying that they are pleased to inform me that I am now a permanent resident of Canada.
My advice is to contact your local office (via email) to validate your PR status. *Only contact your local office when your CoPR is going to expire in two weeks. If you CoPR has already expired, you can contact your local office immediately. Hope this helps and good luck.

ELlouise

Sep 10, 2015
Hi all,
I am an inland applicant and is currently reside in Edmonton, AB. I received my hard copy of CoPR in April. Due to Covid-19, we are not allowed to land at a port of entry or make a landing appointment at a local office.
I sent two web forms to IRCC to ask about the validation of my CoPR. The first time, I got a generic response to ask me to wait for new update. The second time, they have forwarded my case to the responsible office but still haven't gotten any other responses.
***Since my CoPR will be expired on Sep 25. On Sep 17, I sent an email with a digital copy of my CoPR to the Edmonton office and told them my CoPR is going to expire soon. I got a response from the Edmonton office on Sep 21 saying that they are pleased to inform me that I am now a permanent resident of Canada.
My advice is to contact your local office (via email) to validate your PR status. *Only contact your local office when your CoPR is going to expire in two weeks. If you CoPR has already expired, you can contact your local office immediately. Hope this helps and good luck.
can you share email of VO Edmonton

zainsk

Nov 28, 2019
I got my approval on 14Sept. My profile got updated with my COPR number. Haven’t received an email with the COPR (I am assuming I will get it in the mail). I contacted my case officer about the next steps and the expiration date on the COPR and his response was that COPR does not expire and congratulations, you are now a PR.

Hope this helps with some of the earlier questions.

hellboy1

May 21, 2020
Hi all,
Thank you for sharing this, my CoPR is already expired.
How did you find the email? do they have it in canada.ca website

sanjay1983

May 11, 2017
Hi all,
Hey there
How do u got email address and what u wrote to them
I am also in same situation copr had expired 22 sept 2020.
Always same reply from ircc." U will be contacted" pls help...

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
I heard that IRCC is not issuing PPRs readily to outland applicants and this is affecting PAs who are inside but have dependents outside Canada. I believe this is to do with the travel restrictions on all outland applicants, but I am confused about why they aren't able to do virtual landing in cases where PA is inland.

From what I understand, this is true:
1. In non-covid times, an outland PA is allowed to land alone first, and dependents can come later if they want.
2. In covid times, virtual landings are now happening for those people who are in Canada.
So combining points 1 and 2, when the PA is in Canada, why can't they land the PA virtually first, with an option to land dependents later when travel restrictions are eased?

Further, even if the above points were not true, as per the exemptions from covid travel restrictions, one category of people to whom the restrictions do not apply are the immediate family members (dependents) of temporary residents inside Canada. So isn't IRCC in violation of its own exemption policy if it doesn't do landing for those who are in Canada with a dependent outside?

I am sure I am making a mistake somewhere in understanding all this. Please help?

Eli1001

Dec 11, 2019
Hi all,

Hi,

wonder if you have already received your PR card or not? my COPR is expiring soon and still have not received my card after 5 months!

Eli1001

Dec 11, 2019
Hi All,

has anybody received the PR card as inland applicant who got the COPR around Jun & July and sent the photo for PR card?

mine is now about 5 months since i sent my COPR & photo to Edmonton office but have not received my card yet.