+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Copr got but not received ecopr and want to travel

Mramav

Nov 16, 2023
Hello,
I am in canada right now and my wife ( she never been in canada before)is in india and we applied for pr application togather and now I received email and subject of this email is “ready for visa” so, my wife need to submit passport within 30 days to vfs india to get pr visa to travel canda and i already send email to ircc and inform them my uci, last entry date canda and also told them i am in canada right now , but still I didn’t received any portal 1 or confirmation email from ircc. I can only see my copr number on tracker, i dont have any pdf for copr or any email from ircc other than this ready for visa email, so can i travel to india after sending this email to ircc? And if yes then i am eligible to enter canada? I have valid work permit and trv but, i dont know my workpermit cancle automatically after receiving this email from ircc. And if my workpermit and trv is not valid more them next week i am going to india so should i also need to send my passport to vfs togather with my wife to get pr visa stamp?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hello,
I am in canada right now and my wife ( she never been in canada before)is in india and we applied for pr application togather and now I received email and subject of this email is “ready for visa” so, my wife need to submit passport within 30 days to vfs india to get pr visa to travel canda and i already send email to ircc and inform them my uci, last entry date canda and also told them i am in canada right now , but still I didn’t received any portal 1 or confirmation email from ircc. I can only see my copr number on tracker, i dont have any pdf for copr or any email from ircc other than this ready for visa email, so can i travel to india after sending this email to ircc? And if yes then i am eligible to enter canada? I have valid work permit and trv but, i dont know my workpermit cancle automatically after receiving this email from ircc. And if my workpermit and trv is not valid more them next week i am going to india so should i also need to send my passport to vfs togather with my wife to get pr visa stamp?
If you use a few fullstops or commas, it will make it easier for us to help you.

About what you asked:
1. if you told IRCC that you are in Canada(you mentioned, you already did so!), stay in Canada. No need to rush anything at this point.
2. your visa won't get cancelled unless you are virtually landed. If that happens, you'll need a PRTD to come back to Canada.
3. Your wife won't be able to land before you can get your eCoPR and are virtually landed.

If I missed anything, feel free to ask again.

Reactions: YVR123

Mramav

Nov 16, 2023
1) If me and my wife both submit our passport at vfs india for pr visa stamp(on the same letter we got), then can we travel together and enter into canada?
2) so for virtual landing they going to sent me email? And that is called portal request ? And after that i can get my ecopr right?So can i do one thing like once i will reach to india and as soon as i got that portal email i can come back and reply them After enter again canada?
Please let me know possible solution so i can travel.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
1) If me and my wife both submit our passport at vfs india for pr visa stamp(on the same letter we got), then can we travel together and enter into canada?
2) so for virtual landing they going to sent me email? And that is called portal request ? And after that i can get my ecopr right?So can i do one thing like once i will reach to india and as soon as i got that portal email i can come back and reply them After enter again canada?
Please let me know possible solution so i can travel.
1. you already informed IRCC that you are in Canada. Not sure if there's an easy process to inform them you're no longer in Canada and will want to complete your application from India. If you were to get your passports stamped in India along with your wife, yes, your plan will work - for that you'll have to figure out how to inform IRCC and how to get it done.
2. some have as less as 7 days to respond back to portal email. If you are okay with that, you can visit India.

One thing to remember is that the moment you are virtually landed, your visas are cancelled. After that the only two ways to enter Canada through air are either through PRTD or PR card. PR card can take months and PRTD given India-Canada situation can take time too. You can enter Canada using your eCoPR through US land border if you've a US visa. Also check the thread on IRCC Delhi to see if the passport stamping has been impacted as a result of less number of diplomats in India.

I'd keep it simple for now and not overcomplicate anything.

Mramav

Nov 16, 2023
Ok. thank you for information and guidance. Thank you so much. So now j planned to genererà webform and inform them i am traveling and after that i will send my passport along with my wife at india vfs and come back togather. Do you have any idea whats the approximate time for stamp visa in India

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Ok. thank you for information and guidance. Thank you so much. So now j planned to genererà webform and inform them i am traveling and after that i will send my passport along with my wife at india vfs and come back togather. Do you have any idea whats the approximate time for stamp visa in India
Raising webform is fine, call them as well. You can find the phone number somewhere on the forum.

>Do you have any idea whats the approximate time for stamp visa in India
I wrote "Also check the thread on IRCC Delhi to see if the passport stamping has been impacted as a result of less number of diplomats in India." - should give you an idea.

Mramav

Nov 16, 2023
Also, i tried yesterday to fillup the form for passport submission at vfs india but they are asking for individual letter for each applicant, but i have only one letter. So can i submit same letter for both applicant (me and my wife)?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Also, i tried yesterday to fillup the form for passport submission at vfs india but they are asking for individual letter for each applicant, but i have only one letter. So can i submit same letter for both applicant (me and my wife)?
You shouldn't complicate this. First understand what are the next steps here either by researching past cases on this forum or calling IRCC on Monday. Once you get any idea, then proceed with the next suggested steps.

Please, don't create a VFS request before confirming the next steps. You can create a VFS passport request for multiple dependents using the same letter, but that's not the right step and I don't know why you are even trying to do it as you are in Canada and not India. VFS will show up to collect the passport within 1-2 days too - you won't even be able to book flight tickets and land there fwiw.

Call IRCC or research the forum and then proceed. You shouldn't complicate things with IRCC imo, keep them as simple as you can.

Reactions: CNP

Mramav

Nov 16, 2023
Thing is i am going to india after3 days and,paln to come back canada within 1 month so i have no opinion. Either i have to submit passport in india and get visa stamp, so we both can enter canada or i need to wait ecopr from canada and then i can travell. But its emergency for me to travel to india.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Thing is i am going to india after3 days and,paln to come back canada within 1 month so i have no opinion. Either i have to submit passport in india and get visa stamp, so we both can enter canada or i need to wait ecopr from canada and then i can travell. But its emergency for me to travel to india.
Not sure what you should do in your case. Since you already confirmed that you are in Canada, you need to call IRCC and ask the next steps for making this change. They would be the best to answer your questions.