Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-01-2020
AOR Received.
09-01-2020
Med's Done....
04-01-2020
Same here, IRCC received my passport on Apr 25 2022, silence since then!

Gundrang

May 18, 2022
I received passport request email on 1st April. My passport was received by VFS on 29th April. IRCC received on 2nd May. Does that mean I’m in trouble since the 30 days timeline has passed by the time it reached IRCC? Please let me know

gear9

May 23, 2022
NYC VAC received my passport on 5/3. They shipped it to IRCC on 5/4. IRCC acknowledged receipt on 5/5. No updates after that.

Seems like many other people are in a similar situation.

habibi123

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
Hi guys. My daughter has a U.S. passport so I only need to send the VAC a photocopy. But do I still need to attach two photos of hers together with the photocopy?

hydtodfw

Aug 18, 2020
Hi All!
Wanted to give an update to give some hope!
I did receive my passport last week on Friday (05/20)
So it took a whole month before I received it, as my passport reached IRCC on 04/20.

I am an outland candidate, is there any thread on next steps after receiving COPR letter and travel stamp?
I am currently applying for jobs in Canada, but would like to activate my PR beforehand.
Do I just go there and immigration officer stamps my passport? How to get PR card?

are there any other formalities? I apologize in advance, I did not apply through an agent, have been doing everything myself.

Reactions: thirdpage

mohamamdnayan

May 27, 2022
Hi, Can anyone please guide me how to submit passport after getting passport submission request? Can I buy fedex courier label directly from VFS global website other than emailing them? Also, how many days it takes to complete the whole process and get the passport back? I have to travel to mexico june 20th and I am little worried if IRCC would take much time to stamp the visa.

hydtodfw

Aug 18, 2020
Hi, Can anyone please guide me how to submit passport after getting passport submission request? Can I buy fedex courier label directly from VFS global website other than emailing them? Also, how many days it takes to complete the whole process and get the passport back? I have to travel to mexico june 20th and I am little worried if IRCC would take much time to stamp the visa.

Hey this will be a tricky situation. For me, the "Ready for Visa" email was sent on 4/11 and after I sent my documents to VFS, they sent it to IRCC on 4/20 and then IRCC sent the passport back on 5/20. So it was a whole month. Not sure if your passport would be back by then. I would email IRCC asap and let them know your travel situation and that you may need extra time to send it to them.

as far as fedex label - you need to go to Canada VFS site and create an account and pay for fedex labels (2 side) that are generated and download. you cannot buy it yourself and do it that way. they will not accept that.

gear9

May 23, 2022
NYC VAC received my passport on 5/3. They shipped it to IRCC on 5/4. IRCC acknowledged receipt on 5/5. No updates after that.

Seems like many other people are in a similar situation.
So IRCC approved my application and issued a counterfoil on 6/2. Passport was shipped to VFS on 6/6. Received by VFS on the same day. They created a Fedex label (which I received an email notification for). However, passport has not yet been shipped for some reason. Getting in touch with customer service now. Fedex picked up the passport on 6/7.

Last edited:

thirdpage

Oct 17, 2019
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-10-2019
Passport Req..
27-11-2020
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2020
Anyone here submitted their passport for over a month now? Submitted my wife's passport for over 1 month now (received by IRCC on May 9) and it's been dead silent since then. Is there a number to call to check on the status or what?

hemanthreddy9

Jul 16, 2022
Hello All,
Any updates on the passports that were sent to IRCC in June? My passport was sent to IRCC on July 07th. I still did not get any updates.

thomasp307

Jul 12, 2019
Reposting my reply from another thread if it might help some one.

Ordered two way courier labels
04/02: Passport Sent
04/03: Passport received at VFS
04/04: Your application, tracking ID No.*********** has been dispatched to the IRCC Office, on Mon Apr 04 2022 for processing. (First Email from VFS)
04/05: Your application, tracking ID No.*********** has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on Tue Apr 05 2022
04/09: "We updated your application status" Email from CIC (Application status changed to Approved.
04/11: "We sent you a message about your application" Email from CIC (Letter accompanying the Visa generated)
04/11: The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No.*********** has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, to the Canada Visa Application Centre in USA, New York.
04/11: The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No.*********** has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre
04/12: FedEx Shipment *********** Notification Email from FedEx
04/13: Received COPR and passports.

Note: Any issues with VFS use their "chat now" option from https://visa.vfsglobal.com/usa/en/can/contact-us
It might say try again once you enter your details. Just try few more times and you will be shown as in queue with numbers 4-5 people before you which actually takes around 20-40 min. The customer service people are extremely helpful at least in my case.
One trick you can do is send an email to info.canny@vfshelpline.com before starting the chat. The customer service chat people do not have access to the VFS systems, but they can initiate a reply to your emails. So whatever concern or request you have you can email first and they can reply with what you can do when you chat with them.

Also any immediate concerns email to escalations.canny@vfsglobal.com