+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR fees of VAC in NY

za_skrub

Star Member
Sep 13, 2020
Did you receive any email for portal update?
Nothing from VFS as of yet

Update: got email from VFS saying package is on its way back to VAC

Also - FedEx shipping label created. "Delivers Weekday" and "Adult Signature Required". FedEx doesn't take any type of shipment release form afaik so make sure you take time off and be home lol

Last edited:

labataille16

Apr 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-03-2020
Hi all, I am back! Got passport and CoPR back home today. Here is our timeline:

Passport Sent: 04/12 (Tuesday)
Passport Reached NYC VFS VAC: 04/13 (Wednesday)
Passport Received Email from VFS: 04/13 (Wednesday)
Passport Dispatched to IRCC: 04/13 (Wednesday)
Passport Received by IRCC and Under Process: 04/14 (Thursday)
....BIG SILENCE LOL...
<<< MAY THE FOURTH >>>: Counterfoil Generated: 05/04 (application portal updated to "Approved") (Wednesday)
CoPR Generated: 05/05 (accompanying letter updated in application portal) (Thursday)
Passport + CoPR Dispatched back to VFS: 05/05 (Thursday)
Passport + CoPR Couriered back by VFS: 05/06 (Friday)
Passport + CoPR Received: 05/09 (Monday)

Wohoo finally it has been 26 months waiting for us! We started in Singapore in Mar 2020! Went through covid...we moved to the US under my wife's L1B visa...and now PR Canada!

Wish everybody luck and trust me, if you are waiting, it will come! Cheers!

nehcan123

Mar 22, 2022
Hi all, I am back! Got passport and CoPR back home today. Here is our timeline:

Passport Sent: 04/12 (Tuesday)
Passport Reached NYC VFS VAC: 04/13 (Wednesday)
Passport Received Email from VFS: 04/13 (Wednesday)
Passport Dispatched to IRCC: 04/13 (Wednesday)
Passport Received by IRCC and Under Process: 04/14 (Thursday)
....BIG SILENCE LOL...
<<< MAY THE FOURTH >>>: Counterfoil Generated: 05/04 (application portal updated to "Approved") (Wednesday)
CoPR Generated: 05/05 (accompanying letter updated in application portal) (Thursday)
Passport + CoPR Dispatched back to VFS: 05/05 (Thursday)
Passport + CoPR Couriered back by VFS: 05/06 (Friday)
Passport + CoPR Received: 05/09 (Monday)

Wohoo finally it has been 26 months waiting for us! We started in Singapore in Mar 2020! Went through covid...we moved to the US under my wife's L1B visa...and now PR Canada!

Wish everybody luck and trust me, if you are waiting, it will come! Cheers!
Congratulations! I am waiting for my passport too (Its been almost two weeks since IRCC received it). Did you have to sign when you received your passport? I might be traveling and if it arrives then, I am worried that they may not drop it off

labataille16

Apr 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-03-2020
Congratulations! I am waiting for my passport too (Its been almost two weeks since IRCC received it). Did you have to sign when you received your passport? I might be traveling and if it arrives then, I am worried that they may not drop it off
Yes but anybody can sign, not necessarily you have to be there and sign. Even if nobody is home, they will redirect to a place for collection after. I remember there is an option in the Fedex email for you to choose if you are not home.

raj_t23

May 10, 2022
I received my passport request email 2 weeks back and I'm submitting my documents to the NYC VAC tomorrow. Is the 30day deadline for the docs to reach the NYC VAC or IRCC? Reading from posts here it seems like the deadline is for the docs reaching the VAC. Stressed that I don't have time if it the deadline applies for the docs to reach IRCC. :(

nehcan123

Mar 22, 2022
I received my passport request email 2 weeks back and I'm submitting my documents to the NYC VAC tomorrow. Is the 30day deadline for the docs to reach the NYC VAC or IRCC? Reading from posts here it seems like the deadline is for the docs reaching the VAC. Stressed that I don't have time if it the deadline applies for the docs to reach IRCC. :(
In my experience, NY VAC sent documents to IRCC the next day itself.

Reactions: raj_t23

sukh87764

Apr 23, 2018
In case someone needs this in the future:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, to send it by courier to New York or Los Angeles (VAC) Canada Visa Application Center, and receive it back, you will have to pay the two-way courier service with VFS Global. This is mandatory for each passport. No other form of passport delivery and return will be accepted. How to make the payment and receive the two-way
FedEx shipping labels. To avail this service: To send your documents to the New York VAC, please write to
vfsshippinglabels@vfsglobal.com . To send your documents to the Los Angeles VAC, please write to
shippinglabelsla@vfsglobal.com Within 24 to 72 hours, you will receive the instructions to follow. Once you receive the two
FedEx shipping labels, we need you to send us, in one envelope, the following documents: Original passport. Passport request
letter. Two copies of the consent form; please fill out and hand sign page 2 only.
https://assets.ctfassets.net/xxg4p8gt3sg6/2LVFqatIwJhm9JEP5nqUYL/3c71a4a1468630ef0845c423a3cd41e2/ConsentForm_-
TTS-English-IN-VAC-Final.pdf Possible additional documents required by IRCC, as photographs, copy of the passport, etc. Full
contact information legibly noted on a white sheet, including full name, mobile phone, email and postal addresses. The return
FedEx shipping label, which you received from VFS Global.

The VFS Global service payments are: Payment for the two-way
courier service, which is mandatory. Payment of the application package transmission fee.* *This payment
should only be made, if the client did not have to provide biometrics or if the biometrics were collected at a different place
other than the VAC where the passport will be sent to. Important remark: In case you are not located in the United States of
America, have received the original passport request letter from IRCC and wish to send it to New York or Los Angeles VAC,
please let us know so that we can provide you with other instructions to follow.
https://www.vfsglobal.ca/PostalAppointment/?q=shSA0YnE4pLF9Xzwon/x/CQ1P0LBKn66dLdNUfueK+wj/xwjQV05sWPtysuvzK33qrK3eXshT1TAgsu3oVBZovxbG4hegjVxPtRK4ehNyPck+V525rUvI5fmDu7unjO/

Can we buy two way fed ex labels here as well?

Can anyone please what is that total cost involved in sending passport to LA VAC

on this portal it shows $ USD 67.80 for per passport buy on site it shows $22.60

Happysnake

Jan 14, 2021
https://www.vfsglobal.ca/PostalAppointment/?q=shSA0YnE4pLF9Xzwon/x/CQ1P0LBKn66dLdNUfueK+wj/xwjQV05sWPtysuvzK33qrK3eXshT1TAgsu3oVBZovxbG4hegjVxPtRK4ehNyPck+V525rUvI5fmDu7unjO/

Can we buy two way fed ex labels here as well?

Can anyone please what is that total cost involved in sending passport to LA VAC

on this portal it shows $ USD 67.80 for per passport buy on site it shows $22.60
You need to pay both. The former is the courier service fee payable by credit card, and the latter is VFS' service fee payable by cashier's check/money order. The instruction of emailing VFS for the labels is outdated, you can purchase them directly from the portal now and get them instantly.

hydtodfw

Aug 18, 2020
Hello,

I am quite worried about the timeline of my COPR process.
IRCC received my passport on April 20,2022 from NY VAC.
It has been radio silence since then. There have been no updates and I am unable to find any way to contact them or trace my passport.
Any suggestions? Its going to be almost a month in a few days, I am worried they lost my passport or something!

texcan3000

May 16, 2022
Hello,

It has been radio silence since then. There have been no updates and I am unable to find any way to contact them or trace my passport.
Any suggestions? Its going to be almost a month in a few days, I am worried they lost my passport or something!
Same here, IRCC received our passports on 28th April, no update.

thecrow66

May 16, 2022
Hello,

Same. IRCC received my passport on Apr 21, and no updates since then.