+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR extension due to COVID 19 (unable to travel)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all
I am also in the same situation. My son's PR application was approved on Feburary 4,2020 and we reserved his travel on March 25, 2020.but due to covid 19 he could not travel till now. His COPR expired on June 2, 2020 and I already submitted web form but did not get any reply yet.any received any information?
It takes times. There are many people who have contacted and unfortunately many people have sent multiple emails. It will likely take a few weeks. Don't book a flight until you get an extension.

DR007

Aug 27, 2018
What happened with COPR holders whom visas expired say in March, April or May after letting IRCC know about their travel availability via webform? Is there anybody who got COPR visa extension?

aniebeez

Star Member
Oct 19, 2015
Where exactly is the link.to " webform " to apply for an extension
My parents were to travel but due to no international flights they cannot travel now and their COPR is going to expire next week
I saw on.cic website where webform.is mentioned but nothing specific questions as to due to.covid and.no.flights
Question on webform are just details of applicant??

Type.of application inquiry? Permanent residence mail
Type of application inquiry?

Is this the.form.I.need to.fill.in first?? For applying for an extension?
Please.let know
Thanx

preritkaji

Nov 8, 2017
I have a COPR and i need clarity for " if i apply for Extension, will my re-issued COPR and PRV still be valid for travel under the travel exemptions as stated by IRCC ( COPR issued before 18th March are exempt from travel restrictions)" OR " would the new issue date of COPR makes us ineligible to travel under the current travel exemptions and i will have to wait until Canada open up its international borders " ?

I have asked the same via webform as well

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I may have mispoken. Haven't seen what the COPRs people are receiving. Think you are right and they will be considered before March 18th and an extension although likely a whole new COPR will be given. If anything I would bring two copies with you and email proof of the extension with you in your phone on case of any questions

Last edited:

mnmtkr_18

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
09-06-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
Med's Done....
22-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2020
Hi

I have received a reply from CIC regarding the COPR extension. I attached the confirmed tickets and accommodation and in reply I received the following:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided. We are pleased to advise you that we have forwarded your enquiry to the responsible office.

Please rest assured that you will be notified as soon as your case is analyzed or if additional information is required.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Anyone else received this?

What next can I expect?

shipping

Oct 5, 2017
Hi

I have received a reply from CIC regarding the COPR extension. I attached the confirmed tickets and accommodation and in reply I received the following:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided. We are pleased to advise you that we have forwarded your enquiry to the responsible office.

Please rest assured that you will be notified as soon as your case is analyzed or if additional information is required.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Anyone else received this?

What next can I expect?
What was the outcome friend? I heard we can write to Ircc to ask for landing ???

mnmtkr_18

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
09-06-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
Med's Done....
22-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2020
What was the outcome friend? I heard we can write to Ircc to ask for landing ???
No outcome. literally. Still waiting.

Im not even sure if IRCC is working anymore.

mnmtkr_18

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
09-06-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
Med's Done....
22-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2020
remember, student of DLI-list university still can fly.. why not you :)
Because my CoPR expired in June. was approved in January and I was supposed to fly out in April.

I have not had any update on my application since then whatsoever.

Wasted money on accommodation also, have a one-way open ticket, funds in place, everything sorted, yet no update.