+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR extension due to COVID 19 (unable to travel)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Because my CoPR expired in June. was approved in January and I was supposed to fly out in April.

I have not had any update on my application since then whatsoever.

Wasted money on accommodation also, have a one-way open ticket, funds in place, everything sorted, yet no update.
Contact again, and inquire through your MP's office. This is family class application (i.e. you are joining spouse)?

mnmtkr_18

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
09-06-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
Med's Done....
22-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2020
Contact again, and inquire through your MP's office. This is family class application (i.e. you are joining spouse)?
No no i'm not joining my my spouse there. I havemy brother there but I did not mention the reason of family reunification. Do you think I should?

I did contact through the MP's office but they didn't have a solid answer for me either.

They contacted the IRCC on my behalf and were told the same exact thing what I already know- that my application is with the concerned office.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
No no i'm not joining my my spouse there. I havemy brother there but I did not mention the reason of family reunification. Do you think I should?
Your brother is NOT immediate family under the definition used for these purposes.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#how-citizens-prs

(There is a new extended family measure but I don't know if that applies to your case)

I'd suggest you post in the relevant forum for the program under which you applied/received your COPR. This forum is family sponsorship.

mnmtkr_18

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
09-06-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
Med's Done....
22-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2020
Oh. The forum title says

so I thought I am in the right one.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Oh. The forum title says

so I thought I am in the right one.
That is the thread title, forum is a hierarchical step up, like a folder.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/family-class-sponsorship.5/

If you look at top it says 'family class sponsorship.' The forums are grouped by topic.

Start here and pick the relevant type:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/

mnmtkr_18

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
09-06-2018
AOR Received.
09-06-2018
Med's Done....
22-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2020

juxta_rn

Star Member
Dec 5, 2019
hi everyone!

i have been a silent follower on this thread and would like to ask few things for clarification.
as a background, we have been approved and issued a COPR and visa dated nov 2020 and it will expire january 2021.
but given the current travel restrictions by the canadian government, as much as we want to fly and land right ahead to complete the PR process we cannot given the situation.
so, my question are:
1. do we need to raise a webform informing IRCC of our situation and request for possible extension in anticipation of their restrictions extending to unknown months ahead? (which some have been doing)
2. if so, would it be advisable to raise webform how many days/months prior to expiration date?
3. or will i wait in limbo until they lift restrictions and raise a webform last minute?
4. expired coprs and visa are nightmare process as iv read, but what how to go about it?
5. also been receiving/seeing "weird ghost updates" in my profile but no messages or attachments received nor changes done, is this normal nowadays?

sorry for the many queries as im anxiously waiting for the next move.
a much as we want to be happy with the result, its such a "hanging" process given their restrictions for us approved applicants.

would truly appreciate your input based on your knowledge and experiences
many thanks!!!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
hi everyone!

i have been a silent follower on this thread and would like to ask few things for clarification.
as a background, we have been approved and issued a COPR and visa dated nov 2020 and it will expire january 2021.
but given the current travel restrictions by the canadian government, as much as we want to fly and land right ahead to complete the PR process we cannot given the situation.
so, my question are:
1. do we need to raise a webform informing IRCC of our situation and request for possible extension in anticipation of their restrictions extending to unknown months ahead? (which some have been doing)
2. if so, would it be advisable to raise webform how many days/months prior to expiration date?
3. or will i wait in limbo until they lift restrictions and raise a webform last minute?
4. expired coprs and visa are nightmare process as iv read, but what how to go about it?
5. also been receiving/seeing "weird ghost updates" in my profile but no messages or attachments received nor changes done, is this normal nowadays?

sorry for the many queries as im anxiously waiting for the next move.
a much as we want to be happy with the result, its such a "hanging" process given their restrictions for us approved applicants.

would truly appreciate your input based on your knowledge and experiences
many thanks!!!
Some similar aspects of our own situation. BUT; most important is you are PNP (if I understand) and the issues for expired PNP may be very different compared to family class (in which forum this thread is found). You should check first and foremost in the PNP forums even if the issues are similar.

That said: as I understand, there is no point in webform until you have a proposed time to go to Canada.

Last minute is - I think fair to say generally - hopeless with IRCC. The problem is how much advance notice is needed.

The only I've found recently of specific use is that when IRCC issues some kind of extension valid for 60 days.